Thursday, January 28, 2010

Family History Friday-Wedding Day continued

Did you make any special preparations or have any special feelings that day?

This was an amazing day, thanks to my very organized and sweet mother and mother-in-law. They had limited time to put a wedding together, less than 2 months. But I don't ever remember either one of them complaining. DJ's parents had their mission call to Washington D.C., and were leaving in January, so it was either get married in December or wait for 18 months. We both knew that wouldn't work so were extremely grateful for understanding mothers who worked their heads off for 7 weeks to make this a very special day for DJ and I.

I rented my dress from Pedals and Promises in Logan, Utah. It was a beautiful dress. Sometimes I do wish I had it so I could show it to my girls but at the time, money was an issue so I chose to rent it. My veil was interesting, I'm still not sure why I chose it but at the time I was so excited about it. It had this beaded band that came right across my forehead and you should've seen the mark that left especially after wearing it for hours during my reception. I can't believe I didn't see that one coming. Anyway, it really was pretty but not very practical.

We were married at 3:00 in the afternoon and we had the privilege of being sealed by my grandfather, Hal Johnson, my mom's father. It was a beautiful ceremony and I have always appreciated the wise counsel he gave DJ & I that day. We had many of our family members and friends in attendance which made the day even more special. Because the weather was so cold, we didn't get many pictures taken with family outside the temple which I'm kind of sad about but we managed to gather both families for a big group picture on one of the big sets of steps leading to the temple doors.

We had two receptions, one in Blackfoot and one in Cokeville and both were decorated beautifully by our parents and siblings. Mom lined up a girl from Blackfoot to take our pictures both at the temple and at the reception in Blackfoot . She did a nice job and captured some cute moments. DJ's mom put disposable cameras at each table so the guests could snap pictures as they sat and visited and ate refreshments. I thought it was a great idea and as a result, we got some pretty cute pictures.
I can't remember everything about each reception but I remember my dad singing "How to Handle a Woman" at both receptions. He has an amazing voice and I loved hearing him sing this song! My sister, Lori and her husband Brad sang a duet which was really neat. In Cokeville they have a tradition of having a program at the reception. The Teichert's are notorious for roasting their siblings on these occasions. This one was no exception, it was complete with an MC (Matthew, DJ's oldest brother), a musical numbers from DJ's brother, Jonathan, then the 6 brother's changed the words to 2 different songs , "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by Creedance Clearwater Revival and "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me" from the old show, "He Haw" which was changed to "Gloom, Despair, and Agony on D." Matthew played the guitar while the brother's all sang and DJ's, Nephew, Adam, who must have been about 7 or 8 at the time played the base guitar. It was hilarious, in fact, I'm so glad I have a video of it because it makes for great Friday night entertainment!
Probably one of my favorite pictures (all the brother's w/ DJ's dad) This is one of the many reasons I admire DJ's mom! Can you imagine raising all these boys?
Me with my sibling's! Love them!!!

DJ and I with my Grandma & Grandpa Rose (my dad's parent's)
DJ's big family--in-law's included!
DJ & I with Grandma Black (DJ's mother)
I'm sad that these pictures are so faded but I'm grateful for these memories!
My family (G&G Rose included)
The quality of the picture is terrible but I love it! It helps me remember just how happy I was that day! How I ever landed DJ, I'll never know but I'll be forever grateful. Love him!!!!
Love these pictures, especially the second one (the expression on his face just makes me laugh)

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

None of us have aged a BIT! ;)

I love that last pic, too. D looks like he's thinking, "What the bleep am I supposed to do with this thing?!"

Your wedding was awesome. But you didn't mention DJ singing at your reception! Was it the Eric Clapton song?

Cindy said...

Holy cow! I totally forgot about that....woops (hopefully he doesn't read this before I make that correction! ha ha ha

Greg and Wendy said...

I'm surprised you didn't include the picture with you and DJ, Dad and me, and Dorothy and John kissing in front of the arch! Now that was a classic! haha I'm not sure who it was that talked us into that one! Was it Pam Peck, our photographer?

Greg and Wendy said...

Such fun memories! Wow, we have all aged a bit, haven't we? I think you and DJ still look great! Honestly...it is amazing how young you both still look!

Christie said...

I remember that day, we didn't get to come to your wedding, we decided we should go to Janet's fathers funeral, I was so sad to miss your wedding, but felt like we needed to support Janet and Bill,(he was living with us at the time) I remember your reception like it was yesterday,your mom did such a beautiful job. I bought my girls the cutest red dresses. We left Blackfoot really late, Scott was so tired, I fell asleep and woke up just in time for Scott to be driving off the road, fortunatly he woke up at the same time, stopped immediatly and we were both so shook up at how close we came to a horrible accident.