Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rose Family Ski Trip (12-18-09)


Kamryn and Cannon meeting in the lodge. Kamryn was obsessed with this little person her size. I don't think he was as pleased with her, but I don't blame him, look at the grip she has on his coat.

She's trying to pet him, I think. I love the look on Chloe's face back behind.

Chloe and Cannon--those grins are worth a million dollars!

Aunt Lor giving Jordyn & Kaleb some instruction and a positive pep talk--just what theyneeded!

Aunt Lor helping Kaleb on the magic carpet.

Jordyn happy as could be on the slopes. Quite a change from her previous ranting and raving about how much she hated skiing. Thanks Aunt Lor! It tickled me to see Jordyn so excited about her accomplishments.

Isn't he cute? He'll be ticked at me someday for putting him in girl snow pants!
-----
The Rose Clan all met at Pomerelle Ski Resort in Burley! Everyone was there but my hubby. Deadlines at work needed to be met or he was dead meat so he stayed behind. Bummer! I'm not sure who was more bummed, him or the kids. Mom and dad juggled kids in the lodge while parents ran in and out snapping pictures and video. All the kids were amazing, especially the Floridians, Luke learned to snow board and had it down in nothing flat. Jordyn belly-ached the whole week before about how she didn't want to ski so I didn't even bring her ski's or gear, well, you guessed it, she saw everyone else doing it and changed her mind. I also hadn't planned on Kaleb skiing because of DJ not being there and I hadn't planned on skiing because of the babies. Kaleb begged and begged and Grandpa couldn't stand it so within a half hour Kaleb was on the bunny hill having a great time. Aunt Lor gave him some instruction and before long he was confidently flying down the hill. Thank goodness for the magic carpet ride along side of the bunny hill, the kids thought it was great. I was not even dressed for the occasion, in fact, I was in my slickest pair of shoes, my crappiest coat, no hat, no gloves, yep, I looked like such a dummy running up and down the hill chasing after my kids. But, it's proof I'd do anything to see my kids have a little fun! And, hey, Kaleb got a kick out of me skiing down the hill with my slick shoes. I took a few pictures of the kids but mainly video and realized after, I only took one lousy shot of Regan and none of Morgan. Partly because they spent their day on the slopes tearing up the hills with their cousins and I spent my day in the lodge and on the bunny hill. It was a great day spent with cousins doing something we all love! I can't wait until all our kids are old enough to ski. One of our long term goals is to buy a season pass for our whole family and spend the winter on the slopes. We're only a couple of years off from accomplishing this!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Cind, those pictures are great!!!

This was such a fun day.

Greg and Wendy said...

Awesome video and pictures. That was truly a wonderful day!