Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My kids know how to win my heart

I'll tell you how.........

----
Christmas morning I opened one of the best Christmas presents I'd ever been given. And, DJ opened up one equally as cute and heartfelt.
----
Morgan made me a homemade calendar and I love it!

I love all of the pages but these ones have to be my favorite. July is so clever, she picked background paper that looked like fireworks and then added a touch of her own.

Here's the coupon book for dad made by Regan. We chuckled together while reading these. One of the coupons says, "free anything-15% off" Apparently I should take her shopping a bit more but it's so cute and innocent. DJ's favorite was the free day of football with no interruptions. He's already redeemed 2 of the coupons, a date with mom and a night of football even though he did have a few interruptions.

Morgan got the idea to make me a homemade calendar. She desperately needed help but didn't want to give her idea away. I played dumb and told her she could ask for help along the way and I wouldn't even know what she was up to. She's no dummy, she didn't fall for that but she knew exactly what she wanted so she let me help a bit but basically put the whole thing together with some guidance from Regan. She picked her very favorite pictures out of literally 100's of pictures, hand wrote in all the families B-Days, decorated each page and put it together. I shed a few tears while looking through it....I really and truly love homemade gifts of any kind from my kids.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Those are amazing gifts! Your kids are so great! (and creative - wow) You and DJ are really lucky!

Christie said...

Those are such sweet gifts, make sure you tuck them away, we have been going through scads of pictures and stuff I've kept from over the years and getting quite a chuckle over it all. I usually end up crying and the kids laugh.