Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jordyn's 5th Birthday





We spent 4 days in Cokeville last week and were able to celebrate Jordyn's 5th Birthday with DJ's family. Jordyn has been so excited for this Birthday for many reasons, one being that she thinks that she is now exempt from taking naps....I don't know why she thinks this but apparently "5" puts you in the "too cool for naps age," I had to break it to her today that it just isn't so and she was pretty disappointed. Anyway, she had a great Birthday and got lots of cute things. About a week ago I asked her what she would like for her B-day and she replied, "just get me something I've always dreamed of." I thought that was pretty cute but I have to admit, I was plain stumped and a little stressed that I may crush her dreams. Actually, she is pretty easy to please so I went the safe route and gave her an aquadoodle since she's a drawing/coloring fanatic. Morgan bought and decorated a cute frame for her and Regan gave her a headband. Grandma and Grandpa Teichert gave her an adorable dress and stuffed animal and Grandma and Grandpa Rose gave her sunglasses, 4 Disney story CD's with read along books, and flash cards. She really loved everything but I think the favorite were the sunglasses. She's worn them (not on her eyes) but on top of her head nonstop since Friday. She was ticked when she discovered she'd have to take them off to wash her hair!! What a kid! She chose a Polly Pocket beach cake that she helped decorate with help from her sisters and cousins. We found the beach idea on the net but implemented polly pockets since they are her absolute favorite. It was so stinking cute to see how excited she was over a cake....I remember the cake excitement as a child too so it brought back memories. While on the subject of Jordyn I need to share a few funny Jordy moments. She loves to ride her bike up and down the street and visit with people along the way. Only problem is is that she can't start herself on her bike so in order to make conversation she has to keep moving, so one day while riding down the street she started visiting with one of our ward members and for a good 3 or 4 minutes, she road around and around in circles while chit chatting with him. He said her mouth and her legs never slowed down and she told him just about all she knew. She has quite the reputation on our street for being a social butterfly. Our neighbors across the street told me last week that she was out riding her bike and started visiting with them telling them all about how she was going to spend the week in Cokeville and have her B-day at Grandma and Grandpa Teichert's house and then she said, "Oh, and don't worry, you don't have to get me a present if you don't want to!" I could've died but they got the biggest kick out of her. When we got back from Cokeville there was a B-day card in the door with a dollar bill for her. She was jumping up and down with excitement and then said, "mom, I need to buy something really nice for them to thank them," so the next day I suggested she help me make them a treat so we made some brownies and she insisted on delivering them on her barbie princess plastic platter. I tried to get her to put them on a paper plate but I guess she thought they were deserving of the "plastic platter." There is never a dull moment when Jordyn's around!!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

First of all, why are you up? Same reason I am, right?
Second, those pictures are so fun. She is so cute. I love the one with her crooked sunglasses.
Third, I love the bike story. That is hilarious. I sometimes wish Chloe was that friendly, but I've got Lily, so I guess we're covered. :)

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, I love that little Jordy! She is a hoot! The bike story is hilarious...I can just see her riding in circles while talking a mile a minute.
I love how appreciative she is of everything she receives and always wants to give back. That is pretty unusual quality these days so whatever you are doing, keep it up. And, oh, the cake idea was so cute...not wonder she was so excited about it. It was so fun to talk to her on her birthday and hear the excitement in her voice as she described each and every gift!

janna said...

that cake is darling.

& so is Miss Jordyn. She is always outside when I get home from work and waves!

Nigbur Family said...

Happy Birthday to cute lil' Jordyn! You guys have done good raising such thoughtful kids! I just love the story of the neighbors and the birthday present! I love that she will just chat it up with everyone! That's why her and Ky make such great pals!

Lori Wilson said...

What a card!!! Hilarious. Jordy is going to love reading these posts one day. She is one of a kind. Sounds like she had a great birthday. It's hard to believe she's 5. My how the time flies by.