Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Church was long and I'm tired" (direct quote from Kaleb)

This is one of my favorite "Kaleb" poses! This is what happens almost every Sunday since we don't get out of church until 4:00 and he is used to a very long afternoon nap from 1-4 most days! One Sunday about a month ago, on the way home he said, "church was long and I'm tired!" This past Sunday was no exception and he was asleep within 2 minutes of sitting down in his high chair.

Sunday morning before church Regan and Jordyn were acting out several scripture stories, costume and all and Kaleb came up the stairs with this on his head chanting, "I'm Nephi" He loves to get in on anything the girls are doing.

I couldn't resist taking these pictures of Kaleb and Porter in their ball caps! Kaleb loves to wear ball caps and was excited to find one of his old ones that fit Porter. He was giggling so hard and having the best time with Porter, it just made me so excited for all the fun times these two little guys will have in the future. I get the biggest kick out of him because if ever I put on a new outfit on the babies that he hasn't seen before, he'll say, "oh, mom, that is so toot (cute)." He is such a sweet little guy and really gentle with Porter and Kamryn and pretty patient with the lack of attention he gets from me. The other day I was standing in the kitchen and at the moment didn't have a baby in my arms so he reached up for me to hold him and said, "mom, the babies aren't crying." It was a sweet reminder to me of just how patient he has been through all of this. While on the subject of Kaleb I need to list some of his favorite things to do these days:
* loves to ride his bike which he calls his motorcycle
* spends hours trying to tie all of his trucks together with ropes so he can pull them like a train.
* has an obsession with water and often sneaks outside to play with the hose
* loves to dance and sing with the girls
* loves listening to books, particularly, "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" thanks to Lily.
* Loves to fix things with his tools, his favorites are the drill and hammer (of course he'd pick the two noisiest tools)
* loves to pile all of his little farm animals from Grandpa Rose in bed with him for naps and bedtime
* loves to bug hunt with Morgan and isn't afraid to pick up spiders (yikes)
* loves to play house with his sisters and often answers to the name, "Tommy" while playing with them.

3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I love this post! He will enjoy reading it when he is older. What a sweet, patient little guy he is! Give him some extra hugs from Grandma and Grandpa!

Greg and Wendy said...

I laugh every time I look at Kaleb with Porter. You can see how much he loves him and how much fun they are going to have together! I'm so happy Kaleb has a little brother!

Lori Wilson said...

Okay, Kaleb is such a cool little kid. I hope he and Jack get to spend some quality time together in the future so Jack can learn from him how NOT to be spoiled. I have not done a good job on that one! :)

I love the pictures of the ball caps. I actually laughed out loud when I saw them (and I was all by myself!). I'm so glad you captured that moment.