Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random thoughts, updates, etc.

Today is just one of those days! I didn't get ready until 11:00 due to a little cleaning rampage in the babies bedroom. They have entirely too many clothes and with the changing of seasons, it was a must to go through everything. Jordyn and Kaleb played together all morning with minimal fights but made a disaster of the basement . Oh well, atleast they stayed downstairs. The babies have taken their turns fussing all morning, somedays they are just plain fussy and I don't know what to do for the poor little things. Kaleb generally deals pretty well with the babies fussing but by lunch time he was tired and hungry and had just had it so I was super excited for nap time! Anyway, today is a busy day with soccer, piano, homework, etc. and Tuesday's are my least favorite day anyway because DJ is gone to YW/YM activities and then generally has interviews scheduled late in to the evening. I miss him terribly on these long days but know that he is fulfilling his responsiblities as Bishop and I appreciate his dedication.

On to other things: Jordyn's toe still looked terrible yesterday so I took her to the doctor hoping that he would just dig the darned thing out after a nice numbing shot which is exactly what I thought they'd do but after taking a look at it, he recommended a 10 day course of antibiotics and said we should continue soaking it three times a day. If it doesn't look better in 5 days we're to go back and get it checked. I was slightly bothered because it's no easy task to load all the kids up and take them to the doctor and not to mention, expensive, so I was hoping for what I thought was a pretty easy solution. I must mention that I had Jordyn all geared up for a possible shot in the toe and some digging and she was surprisingly calm about the idea so I'm not just being a mean mom. Anyway, her toe does look a bit better today maybe due to the antiobiotic but probably just because that's usually what happens when you take your child to the doctor, (they are all the sudden fine and their fever is magically gone and you wonder why you are sitting in the office. Do I sound irritated? I guess spending a full hour at Walmart waiting for a prescription and pulling two carts around hooked together to accomodate my children and having people stare at me and make comments like, "boy you sure do have YOUR hands full" will make a sleep deprived person a little irritated. (my mom thinks I should get someone to take a picture of my shopping adventures because she actually laughed as I was telling her..... maybe I will sometime) I'm feeling a bit on the irritated side today for some reason but for the record, I would do anything to take pain away from my kids and I feel so bad for Jordyn because this has been a painful couple of weeks. Hopefully this will go away really soon.

The girls are both enjoying soccer and their teams have both won a few games. I attempted to take a few photos before my camera broke but didn't get anything worthy of posting. I'm a terrible photographer. So, you'll have to take my word for how cute they look until I figure out how to use my new camera. Regan scored her teams only goal last Thursday...the score was 1 to 0 so she was pretty excited. Morgans game on Saturday was really fun to watch because it was pretty evenly matched--we ended up winning 2 to 4. Morgan spent the first half of the game dancing, gazing at butterflies, with the occasional running/kicking spurt but then after a few words with her dad, she picked up the pace and played a pretty good game. After all, what do you expect from a 6 year old soccer player??

Quick update on babies:
Kamryn and Porter have finally discovered one another. It is so funny to watch them stare at one another and then let out big squeels. Kamryn even reached out for Porter yesterday. (maybe it was just an accident but she was grinning so big that I'm sure she really was) Kamryn still sleeps through the night most of the time averaging about 9 hours and Porter goes about 6 hours. It would be wonderful if I could just make myself go to sleep when they go to bed but it is honestly the only time to have an uninterrupted visit with DJ and my mind runs wild with all that needs to be done in the coming day so I guess I need to give myself a swift kick in the rear and just go to bed.

One last thing, I just want to say how much I love my husband. He is such a tropper with all of his responsiblities. He is playing so many roles right now, husband, dad, Bishop, bread winner, etc. and often times feels like he's not doing any of them very well but I think he is amazing. He is genuinly concerned about the members of our ward and devotes a lot of time visiting and helping people with different things. Even after long hours of work and church responsiblities he comes home willing to pitch in and help me and also spend time with the kids. They miss him so much and are always so excited when he can be home for a whole night. Thanks, DJ! I love you!

Darn, I wish I could post a picture I took of Kaleb a minute ago. He came upstairs with his beloved cowboy hat on (from G&G Rose) sideways and pushed way down on his head so his little red ears were poking straight out. He looks so adorable!

Okay, I'm done for now, I guess I just needed to unload.

4 comments:

Natie said...

Hi Cindy! I wish so badly that I lived closer to you. There are days that Ellie and I could really use an out, and I can't think of anyone that deserves help more than you. Good luck with everything, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you.

Christie said...

Amen to Natie!!! I wish everyday you were closer. Oh well, guess you'll just have to accept our thoughts and prayers!!! Love ya

Nigbur Family said...

If anyone needs to unload, it is you! Funny thing is, even when you feel like you are complaining, you aren't. I don't think you have a complaining bone in your body! I hate going to Walmart with one cart and two kids. I can't imagine being in your position! You and D.J are both troopers! By the way, thanks for letting Jordyn come with us today, she is such a sweetheart and Kylie had so much fun! We will do it again soon!

Lori Wilson said...

You're awesome, Cin!! Hope you can find a way to turn off your brain and go to sleep at night. I'm sure that's why you're so skinny though!!! Maybe I need to worry a bit more. :)