Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Exhausted, dog tired, hammered, pooped, just plain, TIRED


Aren't these the cutest smile you've ever seen????

A couple of months before the babies were born I remember talking to my good friend who has twins that are now 2 years old. I guess in a way she was trying to prepare me for how tired I would be after the babies were born and told me the funniest thing I think I've ever heard. Her husband teaches at BYU Idaho and one day (when their twins were babies) he was giving one of his lectures and he actually fell asleep in mid sentence in front of his whole class. He says he actually felt himself nod off while he was talking. I remember laughing hysterically and wondering how that could actually happen but, now, I totally get it! I"M THERE!!!!!!!!!! The babies are almost 3 months old and I suddenly feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. I'm so tired, I gain a new wrinkle around my eye every day it seems, I get sleepy driving to the church (which is only a mile away), I want to cry when I think about the prospect of sleeping for even an hour, I hate putting my kids to bed because while they complain about having to go to bed, I'm sitting there thinking, "pleeeeeeease, put ME to bed!" Okay, I know it sounds like I complaining but I'm really not, no really...I'm not, yes, I would love to sleep for 8 hours straight but when these 2 beautiful babies give me their biggest grins, "coo" at me and turn in the direction of my voice, it makes the lack of sleep all worth it.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, go ahead and complain. You've got a crazy life right now! I don't think any less of you. I'd love to go to bed when the kids do, too!

Greg and Wendy said...

Loved the funny story! And Kamryn and Porter are so adorable! I've seen Kamryn smile big before but that Porter grin was so fun to see! I hope you get at least 5 hours of sleep tonight...it is about time for one of these blessed nights, isn't it? You are amazing!
Love you, Mom

Brooke said...

I love their smiles, so it does make the lack of sleep worth it. Our cute little Savannah didn't sleep through the night until she was over 1 year old. I decided when I was pregnant with the twins and not sleeping through the night already, that I would give myself 3 years and then I would be sleeping through the night. That way, I would be happily surprised to have it happen any sooner. The twins are now 7 months old and have actually allowed us 6-7 hours of sleep a few nights. I'm not holding my breath but I'm enjoying every wink of sleep I get! GOOD LUCK!

Lori Wilson said...

Those are officially the two cutest little faces EVER. I am getting the biggest kick out of Porter-Pie's face right now. What a little doll. They are growing so fast.

Here's hoping a big chunk of sleep is in your immediate future.

Natie said...

You are an amazing mom! I love to read your blog. You are always doing something great for your family. Have a great day!

Jaedon Flora said...

Love you Cindy! I'm with you even though I can't be there. You are an amazing Mom and when I grow up I hope to be just like you!

TaLaisa said...

They are such cute babies!! And I agree, here's hoping they'll sleep long enough for you to rest too.

I'm not sure if this is an option, but when I was in YW we had a set of triplets in the ward. Every day after school 3 girls (babysitting age) would go over and play with the babies and the older kids while the mom had a pre-dinner nap. We were there for 2 hours and there were so many volunteers that she had to assign us days. I went every Thursday for a year.

We loved taking the girls for rides in their triplet super stroller and the boys (she had 3) would ride their bikes along.

She also had 3 YW sign up to come over on Sunday mornings, they would help dress a baby girl for church, pack a diaper bag and the baby would sit with their family for Sacrament meeting (which was first) and the girls mother would take the baby to relief society and sunday schoolwhere she would be passed around by eager holding arms.

All the YW did this free of charge just for the opportunity to hold one of the triplets.

PS- Go check out the bead drawer, you won something!