Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Bye Windows 98

Okay, so DJ and went digital camera shopping on Saturday at Best Buy due to the "accident" with the old one. We left Regan in charge of Morgan, Jordyn, & Kaleb from about 7-9 & took the babies with us. Wow, it is so nice to have a child old enough to watch kids for a little while. Regan is super responsible and a little mother so I feel confident in leaving her on occasion. Anyway, we went in to Best Buy hoping to find a replacement digital camera but quickly realized that getting a new camera would probably mean we'd have to get a new computer. Yes, we are still running windows 98 (the guys at Best Buy got a big kick out of that one and wouldn't let it rest) also, our downstairs T.V. that we've had for 11 years died about a month ago so we've thought about replacing it. So, while wandering around the store, DJ came up with the great idea of just buying a new computer with an oversized screen and using it as a T.V./computer rather than buying a T.V. and computer plus a new digital camera. I didn't even know you could do that, that's how behind the times I am but all you need is a piece installed in the back of the computer that screws in to the cable in your house. Pretty cool, so we ended up finding a really nice digital camera, computer/print, copier, scanner,etc./22" monitor for a pretty good deal and now we just have the daunting task of trying to set it up ourselves which, frankly, scares me. I'm excited about all the possiblities but nervous that I won't be able to figure it all out. I now need to learn how to operate Windows Vista and I'll be good to go. As a result, my blog will be at a stand still for awhile until I get it all figured so, I'm still alive, barely, and I'll be back up in no time (hopefully) While we were driving home I mentioned to DJ that I hope that Morgan doesn't think this is what happens when she breaks expensive things. She's still sticking to her extra jobs and tells me she won't be touching the new camera w/out permission. I have to mention that we left the house a bit cluttered and told Regan to tidy things a bit so when we got home things were completely cleaned, dishes done, toys picked up, floor swept, you get the picture. Regan had enlisted the help of her siblings and made her way through every room tidying things up and then she'd put them all to bed and they were actually asleep. What a great kid! It was so nice to have a few hours with DJ and the babies were perfect, they slept most of the time and smiled happily in their carseats the rest of the time. (a rarety) Thanks, Regan for allowing dad and I to have a much needed date.

7 comments:

Christie said...

I'll miss you, hurry back. Good luck with the electronics. I hate having to get used to new stuff. Good Luck!!!! Can't wait for lots of new pictures!!!

Brooke said...

Congrats on your new purchases. I love Windows Vista, it's not that hard once you get used to it. Good luck getting it all put together!

Nigbur Family said...

Seriously, is your oldest for hire? No, I wouldn't take her away from you. You need her way more than I do. What a champ though! You have the best kids!

Jocelyn said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I need a Regan.

I'm excited to see your new setup! New computer, too, right?

janna said...

How exciting!
If you need help just call me.
Or is that why you called yesterday? Just kiddin'

Greg and Wendy said...

Can I say how excited I am for you? What a great idea DJ had! And that Regan, she never ceases to amaze me! What an angel.

Love,
Mom

Lori Wilson said...

MY GOSH! I am in utter awe of Regan. I cannot fathom that ever happening at my house. In fact, yesterday afternoon I was downstairs in the kitchen for several hours and when I went upstairs to see what the kids were up to I was unpleasantly surprised to see that they had destroyed the entire upstairs. They had games and toys spread from one end to the other. Needless to say I was NOT happy. :(

Will you come train them when you have nothing better to do? (ha ha)