Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Off to Preschool!


Today is Jordyn't first day at Preschool! She was so excited because she has been very bummed that all of her little buddies went to Kindergarten this year. I was not thrilled at the idea of doing preschool again but decided that she really needs something to keep her busy so myself and 6 other ladies are taking turns teaching preschool once a week on Wednesdays from 9:00-11:00. We bought a preschool book from Sams and divided it up in to sections to work on each week and we each take a letter to work on and do activities, songs, snacks, etc. to go along with that letter. The best part about the whole thing is that we only have to teach a total of 4 times in a 9 month period because there are so many of us! I did this with Morgan for two years and it worked out really well so I hope this year will be no exception!

3 comments:

Natie said...

I am so impressed. This is an awesome idea. I will have to remeber and use it as Ellie gets older. I want to be a preschool teacher so badly, but am not sure that I can do the full-blown deal and still be a mom. I love this. Do you have any tips? Have a great day!

Greg and Wendy said...

She looks so happy and excited! I love your preschool setup. It is such a great idea and doesn't put a big burden on anyone. It also gives you plenty of time to come up with cute ideas and get ready for your turn! Just wonderful!

Cindy said...

Natie,
You would make a fabulous preschool teacher! I don't think I'd have the patience to do it on a full time basis but I figure I can handle it for 2 hours once in a while. When Morgan was 3 I did something like this and held it once a week but didn't do the workbook, just worked on a letter each week, found songs to go with the letter, crafts, stories, snacks, games, etc. all having to do with that weeks letter. She loved it and there were 5 ladies that were involved so again it wasn't a big deal. Morgan's 2nd year we actually held it twice a week for 2 hours and used the workbook as well as many of the other ideas I mentioned above. We just got creative with help from the internet and really had a great time. I love the workbooks you can buy at Sam's, they are huge so there are tons of extra "homework" pages which Jordyn thinks is great because she is one of the big kids. Anyway, I'm sure there are many great preschool ideas but this way has worked out great for me since I'm busy with babies! Love you!!