Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Productive Day!

I forgot to mention that when we returned home from the zoo and park it was time to go to work! Regan mowed the whole front lawn by herself which is pretty amazing for a girl her size! She was really proud of herself especially when DJ got home and complimented her work over and over! He is so excited to have a child old enough to help him w/ the huge yard! Morgan and Jordyn worked really hard picking all the weeds out of the flower beds and garden while I used the hoe and rake! They did all the bending over for me since that is not an option for me anymore! For family Home Evening we had an elderly widow in our ward come over and join us! The kids love having someone over for FHE and they are always better behaved which is a bonus! DJ gave a great lesson on "Hope" where he shared thoughts from the scriptures (particularly Lehi's Dream) and then a section from Preach My Gospel. It was such a great lesson and I plan to share some specifics when I get a few more minutes. We had a yummy dessert and then DJ and Regan took Sister Carson home! It was really a fun evening and the best part about it was that Kaleb actually paid attention even though he was playing with toys the whole time. He kept repeating everything DJ said while pushing his trucks around and when it came time for the songs, he sang right along with the all of us so I know that he is catching something. It is moments like this that make it all worth while!

4 comments:

The Florida Roses said...

My children seem to show off and act up when we have company! Then I am all embarrassed! :) I love your family so much and you are such great examples to us! I am soooooooooooo excited you have a blog. I am pretty obsessed with blogging now (I caught the bug from Julie) Can't wait for those babies to get here!
Love ya!
Sara

Jocelyn said...

What a great day, Cin! Mine are like Sara -- they think it's time for them to show all their moves when someone comes over. I usually end up having to take each of them for a time out at least once during the whole danged thing.

I can't believe Regan mowed the front lawn by herself! Amazing! Makes me blush for complaining about mowing our lawn in high school. And how did you keep the girls from picking flowers instead of weeds? Amazing.

Crump Family said...

Hey Cindy
I'm so glad I found your blog! Congratulations on the twins. From the photos I would never have guess you were full term with twins - you looked amazing!

I'm looking forward to an update.
Christianne

Lori Wilson said...

We are so excited about these two new babies. I'm glad you were able to pack so much in to the days prior to their arrival. You are Wonder Woman. (Look out Linda Carter, Cindy's in town!)