Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A fun day at the Idaho Falls Zoo!

I decided that since the babies are being stubborn about entering this world, I might as well make good use of my time and take the kids to do some fun things while I can! Yesterday we went to the zoo and to a new park that just opened down by the zoo. We left early so we could beat the crowd and, most importantly, take advantage of the beautiful morning weather w/ no wind! (imagine that) The kids loved the zoo and almost every animal was awake and willing to entertain, another miracle if you ask me! The monkeys were the highlight and put on quite a show for us, swinging from branch to branch, squeeling like little kids at one another. I've never heard them squeel so loud! It was really amusing and the look on Kaleb's face tells exactly what he thought of the whole thing. I had to take one picture of the crazy monkey and then one of Kaleb's face to give you the full affect.









One of Jordyn's favorite stops were the flamingos. After looking at them for some time, she said, "mom, they look good enough to eat, like little shrimps!" She informed me that they are the same color as "shrimps" and that it made her excited to taste one when they go on sale, which is what I always tell her when we are in the grocery store! What a funny kid!










Another highlight was the visit to the petting zoo where the kids got to brush and feed the goats! Kaleb was more than happy to stay in the stroller and watch from the outside but the girls loved it! It was such a fun day and I keep thinking that everyday the babies stay in is another day to spend with the other four doing fun things that we wouldn't otherwise be able to do!! (It's a tender mercy if you ask me)

No comments: