Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I guess we're just not "fish people"

After the death of "Goldie," Jordyn's goldfish, DJ took her last Friday to find a replacement and came back with 4 little goldfish. The kids were so excited and quickly named them (very original names) Gold splasher- Morgan's, Scott- Kaleb's, Rainbow Splasher- Jordyn's, and Sammy- Regan's. Well, I'm ashamed to admit that somehow we have managed to kill 4 more fish in a matter of 4 days. How does that happen??? Maybe it's because their caretakers are 9, 6,4 & 2 and they all think they need to feed the fish ("oops mom, I accidently gave them a little too much food") or could it be that our 2 year old loves to climb up on the cabinet from time to time and give the fish a little "BOO." Or could it be that these poor fish decided to take pity on me knowing full well that changing fish water is the last thing I have time for these days with 3 bums to change. Whatever the case may be, we broke it to the kids that there will be no more replacement fish for the time being and there weren't any tears! Yeah!! Can I admit that I'm a little relieved???

2 comments:

Lori Wilson said...

Believe me, we've killed our fair share of fish. I think it's pure luck when one comes along that can survive more than a day or two. What sweet kids you have. They probably sense your relief and just want to do their part to help. I'm sure there will come a time when fish are a little more doable, but when you're up to your elbows in poop, that's just not the time!!! Love ya!

janna said...

Hi Cindy, I found you!
If you bought the fish at Walmart and did not hold them up through the alarm system at the doors, they will die. FYI=Peaches has them for 10 cents.