Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our two little miracles!

Our two little miracles are finally here! Porter Samuel was born first weighing in at 7 lbs. 1 oz. and then little Kamryn came 20 minutes later weighing in at 5 lbs. 4 oz. Wow, that is a lot of baby! No wonder my back hurt so bad but it was worth every ounce of pain! I went to the doctor at 8:45 a.m. and Dr. Barton told me to go walk around for a few minutes to see if the contractions would start, sure enough, 2 minutes later, I was having contractions 2 minutes apart so we immediately went to labor and delivery and met the doctor on the way in, he broke my water and things went quick from there. About 4 1/2 hours later they wheeled me in to the operating room and moments later here came little Porter and then after a lot of work and the possibility of a c-section, Kamryn decided to cooperate w/ doctor Barton and here she came! What a relief it was to have them both safely here. I was extremely relieved that I was able to deliver them both natural and not have to recover from a c-section and a normal delivery. I can't begin express how happy we are to have these babies here. I keep looking at them and wondering how I got so lucky to be their mother. DJ and I are both overwhelmed when we think of caring for 6 children but in the same breath, we feel so blessed and know this is the way it should be. We can't imagine life w/out any of our kids.

















5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

There's your Christmas card photo! I love that!

Greg and Wendy said...

I can't believe how precious the pictures of the twins snuggling are! Incredibly beautiful little souls. I love the pinwheel one of your whole family, too. Who took that picture? Hope everything is okay today. I'm ready to hold those babies again right now!!
Love, Dad

Lori Wilson said...

These are some of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen - I agree with Juge that you definitely need to use the aerial shot of your family as your Christmas card. Too, too cute! The kids are begging to go to your house "RIGHT THIS MINUTE" (that's a direct quote!). Hope you're getting a little rest now and again. Love ya tons.

Brooke said...

DJ, Cindy!!!! Wow, I just happened upon your blog today and found out you had twins, boy/girl ones no less. Our boy/girl twins are now 5 1/2 months old. I can't believe you guys have 6 kids now. Congratulations. Cindy, you look good as always. We're sorry that we won't make it up to Cokeville for the 24th this year, but we moved to Texas. Hopefully we can keep in touch. My email is brooke.steffens.snow@gmail.com. Love you guys, Brooke Kinghorn Snow

Mrs. Jones said...

Holy Cow! Hi Stranger! I would have never guessed that you would have 6 children! That is awesome!

It was good to see you and learn about your life! Congrats!

Harmony McKinlay Jones