Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Fun!

DJ left for High Adventure with the Scouts early Friday morning so the kids and I were on our own until Saturday afternoon. It always bums me out when DJ is gone, especially on a weekend so I decided that getting out and doing something fun with the kids was the remedy. All the kids had earned cinnamon rolls and ice cream cones from Mrs. Powell's and Geraldine's Bake Shop for the summer reading program at the library so I decided this was as good as anytime to redeem them. Yes, ice cream and cinnamon rolls don't really go together and it's a lot of sugar for 7:00 at night but we decided to break the rules so we headed to pick up the cinnamon rolls first and then went over to the ice cream place after since they have tables set up outdoors, perfect for a picnic. The kids chose their usual Bubblegum icecream (yuck) and I chose Grasshopper. Of course, they all had to give mine a try because they inevitably always choose bubblegum so therefore they haven't tried too many other kinds of icecream. I wish I would've remembered my camera because Kaleb's face and hands were covered in frosting and ice cream and he kept offering Porter a lick and with a sly look he'd say, "when you get older, Porter." Anyway, we came home and watched "Little Rascals" and stayed up way too late but it passed the time so it was worth it.
The next morning, one of my best friends (Tisha Flora) from Rexburg came down to watch Kamryn and Porter for awhile so I could take the other 4 kids to the Greenbelt to feed the ducks. We had such a ball and it was so nice to have my hands free to help the kids. Kaleb couldn't grasp the concept of tearing off small bits of bread to give to the ducks, instead he'd either throw a whole piece of bread or if we were lucky, he'd break it in half. Finally after he'd had enough of my trying to tell him what to do, he just decided to keep the piece of bread and eat it himself.
Forget the lousy ducks, I'm hungry!!
Before we left for home we walked around the greenbelt to look at the waterfalls. It is such a beautiful place, one of my kids' favorite places to go. While walking around, we saw a lady fishing in the river and Jordyn says, "mom, is she fishing for a duck?" Morgan gave her the funniest look like, "duh?" I said, "no, honey, she's fishing for a fish," and she replies, "cool, there are fish in here?"

Take a picture of me, mom!

Our favorite picture spot with the
Idaho Falls Temple in the background!


Regan, Morgan, Jordyn, & Kaleb
The babies got a long great with Tisha and her daughter Jennekah! Tisha has twin boys and 4 other kids also so she knows how crazy life with twins is. Her boys will be 2 in September and she tells me that it is getting easier. I keep telling myself that as I'm up to my elbows in diapers, spit up, laundry, etc. (I wouldn't change it for the world though) Anyway, thank you Tisha for being so supportive and helpful!!! I morning out with the 4 kids was just what the doctor ordered!!!!

No comments: