Monday, July 28, 2008

Roller Skating at Starlite Skating



DJ took Friday of last week off as well as Thursday for the trip to Heise so we decided to take the kids roller skating. There is a really fun and inexpensive rink here in town and ever since the kids went there for a birthday party they've begged to go back. Anyway, we brought Porter and Kamryn along again and this time, DJ sat with them while I rollerskated with the kids. I haven't had that much fun in a long time!! It was the funniest sight watching Kaleb (2 1/2 try to stay up on skates. He was so determined even after falling smack down on his bum time after time. Everytime he'd get up with a big grin on his face and try it again. (I guess for once I'm glad he had a diaper on for a little padding or his little bum would've been one big black and blue mess) Regan and Morgan are really good at skating because they spend a ton of time rollerblading in our driveway but Jordyn wasn't so confident so I spent most of the time helping she and Kaleb stay vertical and I got pretty good at skating with them right in front of me while they held my hands which they thought was pretty fun. Morgan and Regan came a long once in a while and grabbed their hands to take them for a little ride. We had the funnest 3 hours and by the end, Kaleb and Jordyn were starting to get the hang of skating. I love watching my kids learn new things and love to see them enjoying life!! Oh, and the best part was that the babies didn't make a peep the whole time which is amazing because the music was so loud and obnoxious. I told DJ that we need to find a CD with all kinds of loud noises and put it in their room at night then they might sleep through the night.

6 comments:

Christie said...

I never have mastered the roller skating thing since I had kids. I think they took every ounce of my coordination away from me. Oh well, I didn't give them my brains, wait I don't have that either, so basically I have no brain and no coordination. See what you have to look forward too. HAHA Love those kids.

Lori Wilson said...

Darling pictures! I love that you're doing lots of fun things with your kids that don't involve the babies as the star attractions. They'll really appreciate that when they're older and look back on it. You're an amazing mom, Cin, and don't you forget it!

Crump Family said...

Looks like good times. I have to say I am absolutely AMAZED that you just had twins - you look great! What is your secret!

janna said...

Looks like you had fun!

I'll have to dig out the pictures I have of you and your girls from Alyssa birthday party. Was it in 2004 or 2005?

janna said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67895268@N00/2226899773/in/set-72157603742423347

Cindy said...

So sorry that I'm so terrible at commenting back. It is an absolute miracle that I've even posted something. Christianne, I guess my secret is 4 very energetic kids I have to keep up with and 2 high maintenance babies I'm trying to nurse! By the way, I'm so excited that you are closer now. I would love to see you and get to meet little Ethan. He is beautiful!!!