Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gotta love Albertsons Cereal Sales

I have to admit that I can't pass up a good cereal sale (unless of course I already have a good stock in food storage) which I didn't until today so I restocked! No, I don't feed the kids cold cereal every day, DJ makes them pancakes quite often and then there is their personal favorite, hot cereal (they really can't stand it but choke it down knowing that the alternative is a very hungry stomach." Anyway, just for recording purposes, I came out of Albertsons with over 50 boxes of cereal, granola bars, yogurts, gogurts, etc. and spent $51.00 and saved $147.00. I considered that a pretty good deal but not as good as my 40 boxes of granola bars for $3.00 last year. (no, that is not a typo) We are just about out of those granola bars so it was time to restock. I do love a good deal though especially with the cost of food right now! (maybe we'll just have cold cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.) ha ha

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Holy Cow! Do you think I'd still be able to get some tonight?
Unlike you, we DO eat cold cereal every morning for breakfast. It's a treat to have something else. :)

What kinds of cereal were on sale? Do I need coupons? I'm toast if that's the case. Were there many "healthy" varieties?

Call me! Oh, and the little word verification thing I had to type was "shits." Nice Cindy, nice. :)

Lori Wilson said...

Cin -
You are the QUEEN of the bargain. I need to go shopping with you. Give me all the details on how you managed to pull off this awesome piece of shopping.

Hilarious word verification, Juge. You'd think an effort would be made to avoid profanity while also controlling spam, etc.! :) Maybe it's just you.