Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Music Camp with cousins!

I am ashamed of myself for not writing sooner about the fun week my girls had at Aunt Lori's house last week but it seems like I have such a difficult time finding a second to sit at the computer. So to sum up the week, music camp was such ball for all of them especially being able to be with cousins! I think they all came back with a little more confidence in singing in front of people because all 3 were able to sing solo's. Jordyn sang, "Rubby Ducky," Morgan sang "Bear Necessities," and Regan sang, "God Help the Outcasts," and "Feed the Birds." According to Lor, they all did great and apparently Jordyn is quite the little performer. She is definetly our drama queen so that doesn't surprise me. Kate, Morgan, and Jordyn all got to participate in the Children's Chorus and Todd and Regan participated in a Musical Theater (selections from "Oliver") which was so adorable. They all seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves and I'm thankful to Lori for taking them in for a week and making it possible for them to do this. They loved all the time in the pool at Lor's house and are all better swimmers! They are looking forward to our trip to Heise with Grandpa and Grandma Rose tomorrow. Thanks again Lori for taking in 3 extra bodies last week and for being patient with the 3 extra heads of hair. Jack was great for us and he and Kaleb got to be good buddies. Having 4 in diapers was a little crazy at times but Kaleb reminded me periodically: One day I said, "okay everyone, now we've got to" and then I paused and he filled in, "CHANGE BUMS"!! I got the biggest kick out of that one but at the same time I was thinking how sad it is that he's 2 1/2 and not potty trained yet. Oh well, I'm still trying to gear myself up for it. Anyway, the girls had a great time but were excited to get home and I was so excited to get my helpers back. I found out just how much I rely on Regan's help everyday and I was completely lost without her. She is such a huge help and always so willing to do anything I ask. In fact, I went to Walmart today and saw that school supplies were being put out and I had a quick reality check as to how hard it's going to be when she goes back to school. I'm hoping by then we will have established some sort of a routine and I might have things under control! ( ha ha ha) I didn't take good pics of music camp but these will have to do!

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

We loved having the girls so much! Thanks again for letting them come - I know it was a huge sacrifice.