Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Family Reunion 2008

We had our Rose family reunion minus Matt & Sara and family. It wasn't quite the same without them but we were so happy to see them a couple of weeks ago and be able to have almost a whole day with them. We went to mom and dad's Friday night and had a wonderful dinner prepared by mom, followed by Family Home Evening by Lor and Brad and a few words from Grandpa Rose, and then topped the evening off with a fun talent show. I always look forward to all the kids talents each year and again, they didn't disappoint! It was also fun to have Grandma Johnson and Aunt Kim, Uncle Derin, and there son Collin join us. We haven't seen them for a long time and it was so fun to catch up with them. The next day Lor and Brad & kids, and mom and dad came to our house for the day. We missed Juj & Stanton and the kids but we enjoyed a very relaxing (okay, down right lazy) day watching the kids play and visiting. I think we were all in need of a day off. Thanks to mom and dad for planning and carrying out another successful and fun Family Reunion. Again, I slacked off in the picture taking area except for 2 very funny pictures of DJ and his infamous "loaded" dinner plate. Anyone who knows DJ very well knows that he has a huge appetite. (one of the things I love about him) This year mom made taco salad and he made himself an enormous plate full. The kids laughed their heads off when they saw this so I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Do you think he finished all this??? Well, not quite, he got to the last 6 or 7 bites and took a deep breath, I asked him if he was going to finish or if he got a little cocky while filling his plate. I actually ended up finishing his plate and he took a much needed nap!!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That's about what my plate looked like at Judy's! We had taco salad there, too. And I ate a lot. Too much, really.

Missed you guys on Saturday.

Greg and Wendy said...

I don't think I ate much less than DJ. It tasted so good! And with the Ultimate Chef and Waitress Regan helping, so little work!

Love,
Mom