Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Fun!

Our 4th of July weekend started early because DJ took the day off Thursday so he could spend an extra long weekend with us. I always look forward to having him home, not only for the extra set of hands but especially because I love being with him! DJ and the kids spent the morning working in the yard and then we all headed over to the pool at Grandma Johnson's condominium. DJ swam with the 4 kids while I visited with Grandma and took care of the babies. The girls had a ball but Kaleb didn't think it was too fun. We're hoping a couple more times in the pool will cure his fear! Regan swims pretty well now and is gaining a lot more confidence. It's fun to see her enjoy the water and it's fun to see Morgan and Jordyn's confidrnce growing. Anyway, it was a fun afternoon and the babies stayed asleep the whole time which made it so I could visit with Grandma and enjoy watching the kids.
Friday morning we got up bright and early and left for the parade by 7:30. DJ stayed home with the babies so I could enjoy some time with the other kids. The parade started at 9:00 so we knew that in order to find a seat we'd have to get an early start. I was pleasantly surprised when we found a little spot big enough for the 4 kids and myself near the starting point of the parade! Ideal if you ask me because there was no waiting and we were on our way home before the weather turned really hot. The parade was great and I was entertained by Kaleb and all of his dance moves to the music coming from the floates. He was having the time of his life, I couldn't get him to sit down on the curb because he'd immediately get up and start dancing so when they would throw candy, the girls grabbed a handful and dropped a few in Kaleb's bag. One lady came by and handed a bunch of candy right to Kaleb and he started handing pieces to the girls. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised because Kaleb has a love for candy like I've never seen so it was a miracle that he shared! After the parade we went to a barbecue down at the Petersen's down the street. The food was fabulous and we all had a fun time visiting while the kids played.

Later in the evening, DJ took Regan, Morgan, and Jordyn to the movies to see "Emma Smith," which they all really enjoyed. While they were gone, Kaleb and the babies and I played outside and had a picnic and when DJ and the girls got home we loaded in the van to drive closer to town to watch the big Malaleuca Freedom Celebration fireworks show. DJ found a great place to park a few years ago that isn't too far from our home and we back the van up and watch the fireworks from the trunk of the van. The kids think it is great and generally bring along their candy stash from the parade and load up on candy at 10:00 at night. We're making memories, I guess!


No comments: