Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pheeewww.., that's done!


We've been meaning to get family pictures done all summer and just haven't done it for many a reasons. But, thanks to Kara (our neighbor and photographer) dropping the occasional hint, like, Cindy, do you realize we only have approximately 3 weeks of good weather left. I've decided that spur of the moment pictures really are the best, atleast for us. We literally had 1 hour to get everyone dressed and ready. We'd been canning all day which meant we were a serious mess but the weather was beautiful (a bit nippy) but no wind, and just plain gorgeous. So, we borrowed a few clothing items from Kara, scrounged up some things in the closet, quickly combed through everyone's hair, pasted smiles on our faces, and out the door we went. The whole photo shoot took approximately 30 minutes, much to DJ's enjoyment. We got some cute shots and everyone survived the slightly cold bite in the air which explains the gritted teeth and shrugged shoulders. Oh well, we're all in the picture and they are done!!! Really, I'm just so relieved to have them done and thanks to Kara being at our beckon call. She is amazing!!


11 comments:

Brooke said...

I love them! They turned out great! What a cute family!

Nigbur Family said...

If I didn't think you were the greatest family ever it would be too easy to be jealous! You have a BEAUTIFUL family! Kara did awesome!

Jocelyn said...

Love these, Cind! MY faves are D and the twins, that beautiful shot of Reggy, and well, all of them!

I can't believe Kamryn's hair is long enough to curl?!!! Beautiful! And when did Kaleb grow up? When? He is really so handsome.

Loved these. Oh, and seriously, you are hot.

Christie said...

Wow, glad I'm related to such a beautiful Family!!!! Love ya!!!

Melissa said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, my heavens! I love every one of these pictures! And the ones of you and DJ are so great! I especially love the first one where you are standing. Who would ever know you have six children! You look as good as the day you got married! I'm serious! I need one for my dining room wall. I can't believe Kami's hair is long enough to curl. It looks so beautiful! Call me for my picture order, please. And since I need a horizontal 5x7 family picture, did you ask Kara if there is any way she can salvage the one she took? I LOVE your vertical family photo but it won't work for that frame. I do want one for the fridge, however. What a beautiful family!

Greg and Wendy said...

Love the picture of Regan!

Stacy said...

Adorable pictures! What a beautiful family you have!

Jenelle said...

You couldn't look any better! Such a great family. I don't know how you do it with 6 kids all so young, a husband as bishop and still being the best Super mom ever!! You look great and I couldn't be more jelouse!

Jaedon Flora said...

So beautiful!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh I love your family pictures! And amazing that you all look so beautiful with just an hours time to get ready. They really turned out great!