Monday, March 2, 2009

A confession!

It's rather embarrassing to say that I've never learned to french braid hair, yes, you heard me right, I CAN'T FRENCH BRAID!! (until now) I do have 4 girls and I've just about done everything with their hair BUT french braids. Sooooo, after a very long time of standing in line at the grocery store, I glanced over to see a cute hair do on Jennifer Aniston in a magazine (loved the hair, not the girl) anyway, she had a cute french braid in the front section of her hair and then the rest was down. I loved it and decided that I better learn to french braid. Guess what??? I can finally do it, I'm so proud of myself......I know, it's sad what I get excited about these days but it's been so much fun doing the kids hair. Soooo, yesterday the girls wanted me to play with them after church so we (or should I say "I") suggested their 2 barbie heads and we went to town french braiding the hair. Then, I moved on to Jordyn, she was the lucky girl to sit patiently while her mother yanked, combed, parted, and sprayed her hair and after a little while she had 3 pretty descent braids in her hair. Now, my favorite past time is checking out cute hairstyle blogs and trying new things. Send any ideas my way, please!!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Can I just say how impressed I am? I "know" how to french braid, but I am SO bad at it! I try to do the braiding hair styles on the hair blogs and I am so bad at them!

Lessons? Yes, I'd like some.

Lori Wilson said...

I can't french braid to save my life. Yikes, can you teach me? I'm sure it would open up a whole new world of hairdos for poor Kate. You are awesome!!!

janna said...

I taught myself how to do it too, but I did it on myself. then taught my sister.

Way to go Cindy!

Greg and Wendy said...

Good for you! It is all a matter of practice! I was once very good at it but not so much now! I need to practice a little more often on my cute little granddaughters!
Love you, honey!