Friday, February 27, 2009

Regan Stuff

I've been meaning to mention all week that Regan had the opportunity to play the piano in church last Sunday. She played "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" out of the Hymn book. She practiced like crazy and did a really good job. She seems to enjoy playing the piano, but has recently started to whine about practicing.....darn, I thought she would be the exception but I guess not. Thankfully she's not as bad as I remember being (sorry mom). I am proud of her and I'm amazed at how well she plays for having only taken 3 years.

Also, I've had good intentions of posting pictures of Regan playing basketball for months now and just haven't done it and since tomorrow will be her last game, I guess now is a good time. It's been fun to watch her this season and see the big improvement she's made. She's tons more aggressive than last season and her ball handling skills have improved a lot. I'm having a hard time convincing Regan that she's doing well because they haven't won a game yet and she hasn't scored a basket but she has had a few really great assists so now I just have to convince her that an assist is just as good as making the basket herself.

The third picture shows how tiny she is compared to her team mates but what she lacks in height she makes up in speed. She's a little hustler!

3 comments:

Lori Wilson said...

What a doll! She looks so cute and TINY out on the court. She's an awesome athlete just like her mom! Lucky girl!!!

Also, "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" ???????!!!!! What the heck, I can't even play that one. I am so proud of you Regs! You rock!!

Jenelle said...

Wow, that can be a tough song to play, it's my favorite hymn in the book. It always makes me cry.

Greg and Wendy said...

I was truly amazed listening to her! And four flats to boot! What time is the game tomorrow?