Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A fun visit with cousins!

I'm playing catch-up, as usual.  A few weeks ago, we were lucky enough to have a visit from one of my cousins and her cute family.   They came all the way from Ephraim, Utah, to visit my Grandma Johnson and both participated in the MAD Marathon here in Idaho Falls.  We were so happy that they would take the time to visit us and the kids had a blast playing together!  Regan had to miss out on the fun because of school and piano but the rest of the kids played together all afternoon.  Chris, Erica's husband helped the kids shoot our Red Rider BB Gun (my kids favorite toy :):):)  The kids put targets (cans, boxes, etc.) in the trees in the back yard and the deck was the shooting station.  It's perfect, if no one leaves the deck!!  The kids thought Chris was pretty awesome because he took time to help each child and then made them feel pretty awesome if they hit the targets.  Morgan LOVES shooting the BB gun and asked quite regularly to go out and shoot and she's a pretty darn good shot!  This is one of these times when I'm really grateful we have a gigantic backyard.  Anyway, I rarely get to spend time with Erica since we live so far apart so it was so much fun catching up and visiting about our kids and interestingly, some of our kids have very similar personalities and interests.  I wish so much that we lived closer together but I'm looking forward to our family reunion this summer in Salt Lake where we will hopefully be able to see a lot of my cousins!




2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

You do have the perfect yard for target practice! Looks like it was so much fun for the kids. I'm sure Chris was the hero that day!

Seth and Natalie said...

Cousins make the best built in friends! That's some pretty sweet shooting with their bb gun, and you do have plenty of space out the back to shoot as far as a bb can go!