Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Music Camp Preparations

The girls and Kaleb are so excited for another year of Music Camp in Rupert this July!  Kaleb already has his song planned for the recital and will be singing, "Yankee Doodle" but is insistent that he only sing the first 4 lines.  If anything, I'm sure he'll win the prize for shortest song!:)  Anyway, they are working hard on their songs and planning out the fun week spent at Aunt Lori's house!  I'm excited myself because Kaleb gets to participate and we also get to take my niece Leona, Regan's friend, Lindee Andrus, and possibly one of my other nieces, Janae!  It will be a busy week of cooking, cleaning, hair doing, swimming, partying, eating, planning, performing, running back and forth from the camp, etc. but it will be worth it!  Last Thursday, Lori and I went to Mom's house and spent the day sewing skirts for the Musical "Hairspray" that the girls will be performing this year.  They are so colorful and so stinking cute it just makes me excited to watch all of them up on stage!


We couldn't possibly leave Kami out so we made her a skirt as well and I've had a hard time pealing it off her!  She looks so adorable!  When I say "we" made the skirts, I mean, Lori gave us instructions and my mom and I did our best to follow.  Actually, my mom has an awesome sewing machine and is pretty darn good herself, I'm not bad at following directions and learned a few things along the way.  I just struggle with the measurements and starting the project but I don't mind taking orders from someone who definetly knows what they are doing.  Thanks to Lor and Mom for a great day!! 


6 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg and Wendy said...

One fun day and by the way, you don't give yourself nearly enough credit!

Brooke said...

How fun! I wish I had sisters that I could do crafts with! I might actually try to learn to be crafty then! :)

Christie said...

They look so cute. I bet the girls and Caleb will have a ball.

Seth and Natalie said...

Those skirts are so cute! What a multi talented family you have. They run, they bake cakes, they sing. Wow. Your kids are awesome!

Jocelyn said...

I'm sorry I missed commenting on all of these posts. I read 'em all! :)

The skirts are darling and I'm missing you guys already.