Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jordy's Bug's Play

A couple of weeks the two first grade classes at Fairview performed their "Bugz" play.  Jordyn was so excited to play her part as the Monarch Butterfly and talked about the big performance day nonstop!!  It really is an adorable play with the cutest songs ever.  She was wrapped in a "chrysalis" for much of the play and when it was her turn to be center stage for the song, "Thing's Change," she took off her chrysalis and changed in to a butterfly.  The material for her costume was so awesome and perfect for a butterfly's wings.  They had elastics around her wrists that the material was attached to so when she moved her arms up and down the material opened wide.  She was so excited and pretty proud of her part!  During the weeks leading up the play, each child got to research a bug of their choice, complete a report, and draw a picture to go along with their report.  Jordyn's report was really put together well and her picture was so cute and detailed, after all, she prides herself on her artistic abilities:)  I got a good laugh while reading her report because of some of the misspellings of words.  I can't figure her out because she almost always gets 100% on all of her spelling tests but when she is writing a story or a note, she misspells several of the words.  What a funny kid!  Anyway, I love her and I'm proud of the great student she is (even if she is only a 1st grader)



Jordyn was thrilled that Grandma Rose could make it to the performance.  Our neighbor's, George and Dianne Pappaionau also came which I thought was so thoughtful!  They are awesome people and always so supportive of our kids.  
Since Grandpa and Grandma T. live so far away, we took a short video of Jordyn's big part which I will  posted when I get it uploaded so check back!   Love you guys!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so cute! I love it when the kids get to do something they're so interested in! You have such a cute family!

Greg and Wendy said...

The "Pepperoni's" as the twins call them are such wonderful across-the-street neighbors! How many would take their time to come and support such a thing? Love them and love that they love your family so much!

Lindsay said...

She looks so darn cute and I bet she was adorable! This is when I wish we lived closer cause i would have loved to come watch her!

Seth and Natalie said...

I love the butterfly get up! My cousin's son, Brigham, was a bee, (I saw it on her blog) and I thought the whole thing was such a good idea.