Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why do I bother?

This is what happens when I try to put one of the kiddos in time-out....they quickly forgive the offender and join forces.  Kaleb happened to be the offender this time around and Porter and Kami weren't about to let him serve his time alone.:)  They were immediately mad at me and pushed their chairs over to join him.  Doesn't he look just as pleased as pie??  How can I be mad after that? 
Porter and Kami are extremely protective of one another and here's an example:  One day Kamryn was being a little pill and I had had it with her.  She was getting a pretty good talking to when Porter ran up to me and says, "mommy, dat's my Kami, yeave her ayone!!"  It's pretty cute but it does make disciplining a little bit challenging.  Oh well, I'm glad they are best buddies!

5 comments:

janna said...

Cute mine did that too way back when....

Greg and Wendy said...

I have told several people that little story! Oh yes, they can pick on each other, but no one else had better come close! Just makes me giggle!

Seth and Natalie said...

I love that! Time out isn't a great enforcer in our house because my two talkers just keep talking to each other. But not in the smiling happy way that your kids do :)

Lindsay said...

hahaha. Oh dear! That mus be really hard. We just started time-out with Drake. No bueno!

Brooke said...

Oh, time out! I love that they entertain each other while in time out, even if they were just the one being picked on... :)