Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's a dirty job....

....but someones got to do it.  I'm not sayin' I'm happy about it but it was time.  Some of the red flags were:
*  trying to change their own and each other's diapers
*  bringing me wet wipes and diapers
*  hiding and pooping in the closet (that would be Kamryn)  Thankfully she kept her diaper on, then she'd come and tell me "I hide and poop"
* both of them saying, "I potty train mommy" 
* All of my kids have been unofficially potty trained at 2 yrs and 3 months--they are a month late. Not that I think they all have to follow that pattern, it just seems like a good age.
*  Every time I go to buy diapers, I want to scream!!  I just want to be diaper free in my house in the worst way!  Less money spent on diapers means more grocery money!

We're on day 2--the worst day in potty training EVER!!  If I can make it past today, there just might be hope.  I'm not a nice mommy while potty training, I have no patience, I have no problem admitting it.  Not that I'm not trying to be better, it's just that scrubbing out poopy underwear in the toilet time and time again, losing my voice from asking, "do you need to go potty," and investigating every "suspicious" wet spot on the tile and carpet, all of these things combined just wear me down. Wish me luck cause I desperately need it.  Actually, wish them luck because they need it. 
One funny thing that helped lighten the mood yesterday was these two with underwear down to their ankles fighting over the little potty chair.  It was cracking me up (no pun intended) 

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, man, you are a better person than I am! Good luck!!!!!

Greg and Wendy said...

Porter kept telling me "I potty train" on Thursday! If it were only that easy! I'll pray for you, bless your heart...one is hard enough, but two? When you want to scream, just look at those two absolutely adorable little faces. Oh, my heavens, they are so cute! Don't forget, really look at those eyes and those smiles! It is sure to help!! (Isn't it?) Love you and good luck!

Seth and Natalie said...

Oh man, you do have a dirty dog job. Potty training Rylee was the hardest job I've ever had to do, and that was only 1 child. I'm not looking forward to Dax being 2 and me having to do it again. But I have two kids to buy diapers for now, so I'm with you on getting it done. Good luck, and just keep thinking of how nice it'll be when you are finally diaper free.

Greg and Wendy said...

Dad and I were just reading this post together and laughed so hard! You are a very funny writer! Obviously, you do have a sense of humor about all this. How is it going by now?

Brooke said...

You will be sainted one day. I swear. My twins are almost 3 and I don't even want to try. Neither do they. They aren't even exhibiting signs they're remotely interested. I tried potty training anyway and it was disastrous. I think I'll send them to Kindergarten in diapers and maybe the mocking of the other children will make them motivated. Or I'll send them to your house in a month or two, and you can use your expert skills to do another set of twins! :)