Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a stinkin' update!

We all survived day 2 of potty training.  Day 3 is much better so far.  The babies have been up since 6:00 a.m.--no accidents for either of them.  They are down for a nap right now and I'm dreading the afternoon because the poopy thing has not been mastered just yet.  I'm holding my breath (and my nose)!  I'm hoping the new pairs of underwear we just bought this morning at Walmart will serve as some motivation but judging from my past experience, if they're going to poop their pants, nothing's going to stop them.  Not even adorable princess panties and manly truck underwear. 

Things that are keeping me going:

*  My diaper expense caculation from the past 2 years on average:  12 diapers per day (between the 2 babies) x  365 days in a year x 2 =  8,760 diapers!!  In terms of money, I'm not even going to go there.

*  I love hearing them cheer for each other when they potty in the toilet.  It's pretty cute!

*  Kaleb pointed to them this morning and said, "mom, their bums look so cute in underwear"

*  We ran errands for 2 hours today and neither one had any accidents.  They even used the "big" toilet at  the oil change place. 

*  Porter woke up dry this morning.  He was in a diaper but held it until I got him out of his crib to go potty! 

We'll see how the rest of the day goes!

3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Loving the drama (and the humor)! Keep us posted! I've been thinking that we need to see a pic of them in their cute little underwear, don't you think?

Brooke said...

Watching your blog with bated breath...remember, as soon as you've mastered yours I'm sending mine up! :) Sounds like it's going awesome!

Jocelyn said...

You're stinkin' amazing. You're doing it together! You're doing it now! You're just amazing.