Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sister's Crafty Day- Part 1!

My sisters came up for a fun 2 days of crafting and sewing this past Thursday and Friday.  My sister, Lori, has been making the cutest skirts for her little girl so I was dying to have her teach me.  Thank goodness for 2 days off of school due to a statewide teacher training that made this possible!  My mom was sweet enough to come and join us mainly to entertain kids and help feed the crew (all 13 of them).  It just wouldn't be the same without Grandma!  We had a ball to say the least!!  I love hanging out with my sisters and I must say we don't do it near as much as I'd like.  In two days we managed to accomplish the following:  (I say "we" but actually, Lori was the brains behind the operation...she's seriously amazing!  Actually, Julie is totally crafty and does quite a bit of sewing but she'd never made the skirts before so we learned together!  I did not get the crafty gene but I started to catch on after a while and I totally enjoyed watching my girls get in to the action.  Regan is not afraid of the sewing machine at all and caught right on.  Morgan loved to hold the pedal down for me while I did the sewing.  Thanks to Lor for all of your help!!! Here is what we accomplished:

7 darling skirts
20+ hair bows of different kinds
1 table runner
a few belts for the girls

We laughed, we ate, we sewed, we glued, and we unpicked (occasionally) and laughed some more.  It was a perfect two days. The older girls even joined in the sewing fun from time to time and the other kids were content to play with each other.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

It was so worth the drive!!! I would love that pic of the 3 of us.

Greg and Wendy said...

So would we...Dad just saw it and said the same thing! Please!!! It was such a very fun couple of days! I still can't get over how good the kids were for all that time. It brought the greatest happiness to me (and to Dad vicariously) to see our three daughters having so much fun together!

Brooke said...

That's awesome! I wish I were crafty, or had sisters that were...or anyone close that could teach me to be crafty...that's just one more reason I wish we lived closer to you! :)