Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The girls in their skirts

I'm dying to make more of these skirts on my own--just to prove to myself that I can do it w/out any help.  Thanks again to my awesome sister for walking me through step-by-step on 5 skirts (2 for Kami).  The best is seeing how much the girls love these skirts and I especially love that Regan was still willing to match with her sisters.  (I wonder how much longer I can get away with it)  I guess I better hurry up and sew!!
I am on the hunt for some cute plain shirts that I can applique some of this cute skirt material to.  I think it would be so cute along with the skirts and hair bows.

5 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, they look as adorable as I pictured them! You did such a good job. Bet you got lots of oohs and ahhhs at church...not that that is the purpose...but it is always nice to be appreciated, isn't it? Appliques to match on the shirts would be so adorable after seeing Julie's. We'll find some shirts this weekend. The little change-up on the pattern that you did for Regan was so cute and just enough more grown up that she would wear it. You're right, you'd better do another before she changes her mind on the joy of matching her sissies!

Greg and Wendy said...

By the way, what were you doing up so late? A little peace and quiet time, perhaps? Love you!

Christie said...

So cute, I'm proud of you. You all have a little Dorothy Rose in you. I tell her all the time that we got our creative genes from her. Unfortunatly she doesn't remember most of the time that she used to love to sew. Anyway the girls look darling. I need a granddaughter to sew for. hahaha

Jocelyn said...

They look so great in them! I'm loving Jordy's face in this picture -- she just looks so pleased with the whole scene.
Old Navy's shirts are on sale right now, I think. They have an outlet up there, so hopefully we'll have some luck.

Seth and Natalie said...

I love those skirts and that picture! Please come to mackay and teach me how. Rylee hates pants and would wear skirts and dresses every day if it weren't so dang cold.