Monday, October 18, 2010

We're "diaper free"

They did it!!  I can't believe it!  I kind of hate to admit this, but since the day the babies were born, I dreaded the days of potty training them.  I hate potty training that much and the thought of training 2 just scared the heck out of me.  But, these guys must have been ready because it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be and maybe the fact that they cheered one another on during the process, made it a little easier.  We spent the day in Salt Lake on Saturday for our nieces wedding and I was so nervous about being away from their little potty chair but they willingly went in any bathroom along the way.  After a long day in Salt Lake, Kami noticed that Porter wasn't wearing a diaper to bed the so she decided she better do the same, so after 10 hours of sleeping, they both woke up dry!!  I seriously wanted to cry.....it's a stinking miracle!!  I never thought I could be so happy over something so seemingly small, but I am!  I must confess to a few things:
1)  I bribed them the whole way along with  Dum Dum suckers
2)  I bribed them the whole way along with Gummy Bears
3)  I probably caused them both to have life long dental issues
4)  I enlisted Kaleb's help by naming him my "potty training helper"  (something fun about big brother helping out)
5)  also bribed him with suckers and gummy bears which he was happy about
4)  I don't have any guilt over any the above
5)  because it worked....
The end!

6 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I am so happy for you I could cry! Bless their sweet little hearts! Such a cute post, honey.

Jocelyn said...

You are awesome. Seriously. I'm not even close. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Brooke said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You will be sainted one day. Seriously. You will! I am so happy for you. Maybe I'll bring the babies on this weekend trip and drop them off on my way to ID Falls! :) You think you could do it in a few hours?

Kelli said...

Congrats! The diaper free world is a nice place to be!

Christie said...

Amazing, just got back from Florida and just checking blogs. You are amazing. I think you deserve a crown or at least a star on your forehead. Congrats

Jaedon Flora said...

I forgot how "stinkin" cute your blog entries are! I laughed all the way through.

I loved your bribes.
I know you are amazing.
You kids are beautiful.
I am dreaming of the day you live closer.
I feel it a blessing that I have crossed paths with you.
THE END!