Thursday, February 11, 2010

Regan in Monster Concert 2010


Regan and Morgan got to participate in the Monster Concert this past Saturday, put on by the Idaho Falls Music Association. I think I counted 12 pianos on stage, 2 kids at each piano playing the same duet all at the same time. Imagine that....I really couldn't wrap my mind around it for awhile until the it got closer and I listened to the girls practice with their partners. It was soooo much fun listening to them and even more than that, I loved that they were actually excited about piano. They've been a little unenthusiastic since I switched piano teachers on them. They LOVED Rosemarie and I loved her as well, but sometimes it's just good to have a change. And, my main reason for switching them was so they would have more playing opportunities so they wouldn't be a big chicken to play in front of people like I always was (and am)! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the Monster Concert and was amazed at the talent of the students and the directors of the songs. It really was enjoyable to listen to and the kids had a ball!! Regan and her partner Lindee, got to play 18 songs together--some fun and easy, others difficult. Their favorites were Cruella De Vil and the Star Wars theme song, and some of my favorites were the Scat Song, Balloon Pop Polka, and Sonatina in G Major. Morgan and Brooklin got to play 4 songs together, John Brown, Reptile Raggle, March of the Brontosaurus, and Indian Princess--as far as I could tell, they all did really well, but with so many piano's going at once, it's nearly impossible to pick out your own child. Anyway, they looked adorable!! Grandma Rose and Grandma Johnson both came to hear the girls perform, which thrilled the girls! Thanks, Grandma's!!!! I took video of both girls in as many songs as I could possibly fit on my camera. Morgan's is pretty short (down below) but Regan's is a bit lengthy because of the amount of songs she played. I also taped Lindee (Regan's parner) playing w/ another gal and can't figure out how to cut it out) Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I still can't get over it! Simply amazing! We were so pleased to hear the difficulty of the music the girls performed. And did they look cute, or what? I actually thought I counted 14 pianos.

Seth and Natalie said...

Hi Cindy, this is Natalie Teichert, DJ's cousin Seth's wife. His mom was telling me today about your blog, so I did a little stalking and found you! I'm glad because we definitely don't keep up with his family enough. Your kids are so adorable, even when sick (yikes, those eyes were sad). Hopefully we can get together sometime, we're not too far apart.