Friday, February 5, 2010

I love the Temple!


A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to take go to the Salt Lake Temple to attend the sealing of DJ's nephew, Josh, and his cute wife, Cheryl, to their little baby boy that they adopted a few mohths back. They make such a beautiful family and it was so special to be a part of this occasion. I had the most peaceful feeling as I sat in the temple, in fact, the room that they were sealed in was the exact room DJ and I were sealed in 14 years ago. I had a lot of memories flood back to me as I sat waiting with DJ's family. The day we were married sometimes seems like so long ago but sitting their in that room, I could remember the little details from that special day and the special feelings I had. It is so nice to get away from the cares of the world and focus on the things that are of most importance. I loved listening to the temple worker speak to Josh and Cheryl, everything he said made such perfect sense in that moment and I could just feel the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus have for each of us. I'm so thankful for our Heavenly Father's plan and our Savior, Jesus Christ, who made it possible for us to repent and become clean again so we can live with our Heavenly Father. I love the temple and the new things I learn there everytime I go! Thanks, Josh and Cheryl, for letting us be apart of such a special day!
What a gorgeous couple with their beautiful baby boy!
Grandma Teichert took the girls over to touch the temple. They were so excited!
Regan and Morgan were my little traveling buddies on this trip. They were all excited to watch a DVD on the trip down but I realized about a 1/2 an hour out of town that I had grabbed the wrong cord for the DVD player. I thought they would bummed but they just started laughing and so we just visited and listened to Jenny Phillips CD's all the way down. I think I'll "accidentally" grab the wrong cord again. I think the car is the best place to learn things about your kids because you have a captive audience and I don't have any distractions other than the crazy drivers around me! Anyway, when we were approaching Salt Lake I was trying to find my way to the temple so I told the girls to keep their eye on the temple and we'd be okay. One of them said from the back, "mom, you're never lost when you can see the temple." We've repeated that several times since one of our Apostles (can't remember who it was) said it in the past conference. Anyway, it was cute and helped me keep my nerves calm as I made my way around in crazy Salt Lake traffic.
I love my girls!

The Conference Center waterfalls were the girls favorite!

This is Morgan's favorite picture! She and Jordyn walked on every ledge they could find on the way back to our van.

3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

What a beautiful little family they are. This was a great opportunity also to just get away with Morgan and Jordy for a little Mom time. They look so happy to be there and with you. I, too, love the quote about not being lost when you can see the temple but I especially love that the girls remember it!

Nigbur Family said...

Kylie was looking at this with me and said Jordyn has the cutest smile! She loves that girl! She sure missed her at her Bday party!We NEED to get them together!

Jaedon Flora said...

Cindy - I just loved all the pictures you took and your post. Thanks!