Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Aunt Christie!

Today is my Aunt Christie's Birthday! As a kid I always felt special because my B-Day was one day before hers and I remember thinking that all of my Aunt's walked on water. They were definetly the most beautiful, smart, talented, and fun Aunt's anyone could have. I still think that and, trust me, if you saw the things they do, crafting, sewing, quilting, cooking, etc., you would see why I think that. I have fond memories of going to stay with each of them and I always loved when people would stop and tell me how much I looked like my Aunt Christie. Sunday afternoon, the girls were looking at all my old scrapbooks and we came across this picture of my Aunt Christie with my Uncle Scott and their son, Nate. Isn't she gorgeous??? My kids laughed at Uncle Scott's mustache & Aunt Christie's hair but said their faces haven't changed much. (and that was taken 20+ year ago and they have 3 more kids.) Pretty impressive! Anyway, I hope you have a great B-Day, Aunt Christie! I love you!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Scott is really mustachilicious.

You are awesome for this post. I agree with everything you said -- we have the best aunts ever.

Love you, Christie. Happy Birthday!

Christie said...

Wow, You made me cry!!! The truth is Cindy, I feel so in awe of you. You are everything I wish I would've been or could be!!! I to am so thrilled when someone tells me we look like each other, cuz you are beautiful inside and out. I remember when you were born, I was wishing you would hold of one more day. Thank you for being such a sweet and caring niece. I have been so fortunate in my life to have family who loves and supports me in all I do. Thank you for being so sweet and remembering my day. Can you believe I'm 49, when that picture was taken I was 26 and 6 months pregnant with Mitch. Gotta love the hair!!!HAHA Thank you again, I love you with all my heart!!! You are amazing!!!!

janna said...

happy birthday to you too

Greg and Wendy said...

I'm crying, too! I have been so blessed to have such fantastic sisters-in-law. They have always been an inspiration to me, each in her own way. I always thought it was so wonderful to have my Cindy look so much like her Aunt Christie...you are BOTH so beautiful inside and out! It was great to visit with Christie yesterday on our way to Salt Lake. Hope you both had very happy birthdays because you deserve it. Thanks for the post, honey.

Nigbur Family said...

Cindy, I had so much fun taking Jordyn to Annie with us! I have some pretty hilarious stories I need to share with you sometime! I love that Kylie has such a great little friend. Thanks for letting us steal her for the night!