Friday, November 20, 2009

Family History Friday

My sister, Julie, compiled a family history questionnaire quite a long time ago for our parents and grandparents to fill out and now she's working on her own, little by little. In fact, every Friday she answers a few of the questions listed, so before long, she has her life history. So, I'm snatching the idea with her permission in hopes that I will finish one day before my memory completely fades. Wish me luck.

What is your full name?
Cindy Rose Teichert

Do you have any nicknames?

As a kid, my brother Matt gave me plenty of nicknames, none of which I was particularly fond of. Here are a few, Cinny Binny Bum Bum, Bender, Beaner, Cindy Binder Beaner Weaner. Yep, I still love my brother! In fact, Matt had nicknames for all of us. My sister Julie was Juge (how she ever got off that easy is beyond me), my sister Lori was Lige or Hod Sanders. There were probably more but my memory is fading!

Thank goodness my brother has given up those nicknames, now I'm just Cind to him and Cin to my sisters, and I'm, hon, or Cin, or, wild flower, to my husband. He has actually only called me, wild flower, once, and that was when we were dating. He called and left a message on my answering machine that began, "hey, Cindy, my little wild flower (with a slight cowboy drawl)….., I must have played it over 100 times, I think I even called my mom and made her listen to it. DJ is "D" to me, but if you ask him, he prefers, Don Juan. He jokingly tells people that when they ask what DJ stand for!
My girls love nicknames, especially since we didn't give them middle names. Regan is Reg's, Reggy, or Rae, Morgan is Morgy, Morg's, Morgy Pie, Mo, mo, (that's what Kaleb called her when he was a baby and she loves it), Jordyn is Jordy, Jord, & Jordy pie. Kaleb is "buddy" to me, or Buster Brown. Kamryn is Kami, Kams, Kamicans (my mom calls her that)or Sassy pants, Porter is Pord, Pordy, Porter pie, or grumpy pants.

What is your date of birth?
November 3, 1975

In what city were you born?
Brigham City, Utah (President Monson just announced that a temple will be built there in the very new future) Cool!

On what date were you baptized?
I grew up in a small town so I got to be baptized on my Birthday, November 3, 1983

What are your memories of that day?
My dad baptized me. I remember how I wore my hair, and I remember having lots of family there to support me. I also remember hoping that I would never make another mistake again. I think that lasted all of about 5 minutes.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I know -- until you started whacking me on the back with a hair brush again!!!!! :)

I'm so glad you're doing this, Cinder Binder Beaner Weiner!

Okay, I'll stop now. But only for now, ma lil' wahld flaher.
(You have no idea how many times I have repeated that line both in my head and out loud for strangers in the last 11 or so years). I love D for it!

Cindy said...

For the record, the hair brush woopin' didn't start until Tremonton and you deserved every bit of it!!!!!! :)

Nigbur Family said...

I love this! I might have to steal the idea now! Between yours and Jordyn's stories I'm seeing a whole new side to Bishop!

Greg and Wendy said...

I am laughing OUTLOUD about now! This is soooo fun! And hey, I can shed a little light on the Juge nickname. Julie quickly became JujiFruits, (I can remember us calling her that on the way home from the hospital!) which eventually became Juge.

And my personal favorite for Regan is RaeRae!

Yes, I did hear the "Cindy, ma lil' wahld flaher" several times! Didn't you keep the tape recording? We love our Don Juan!