Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Mommy

Just in case you were bored:

While you were cleaning up the breakfast dishes, we locked ourselves in the girls' room and poured bath salts all over the floor, we just thought the room needed some "freshening up"

While you were having fun cleaning up the bath salt mess, we emptied out the cupboard and poured spaghetti noodles down the stairs. Just thought you might want to play your favorite childhood game "pick up sticks"

While you were having "fun" picking up sticks, we emptied out the laundry basket full of nicely folded laundry. We thought you might need a little bit more practice folding those shirts.

While you were practicing your folding skills, we emptied dad's closet shelf and threw all his clothes in the bathtub, we're just sorry we haven't learned how to turn on the water yet or we could've washed them all for you.

Just think, more practice with your folding skills, but while you're busy mastering that skill, we promise we'll clean the bathroom for you. We'll make sure the whole roll of toilet paper ends up in the toilet, the toothbrushes will all be sucked on, toothpaste will be smeared on the cabinets and all things will be emptied out of the drawer. We know you've been wanting to clean out those drawers.

It's nap time now, but we promise we'll be tons more help when we wake up.

Love,
Kamryn & Porter

10 comments:

janna said...

how cute, well not really.
I remember those days.

(((HUG)))

Brooke said...

Yay! :) I TOTALLY understand! and I am so happy that it doesn't just happen at my house! Glad that you could have that extra folding practice today. We just got new toothbrushes to replace the ones that got sucked on and stuck in the toilet...ick! :)

Nigbur Family said...

That is so funny! What an original way to say how fun having twins can be! Now I know why you're so tiny, you run your little tail off all day long!

Melissa said...

So cute! I was visiting teaching this morning and this lady, whom I love, is having some heartache with a grown daughter...made me grateful my children are still young and their problems are minor. Keep up the awesome job parenting...your kids will thank you someday..!

Jocelyn said...

Like I said this morning: I really appreciated your humor in this post.

I just hit Chloe on the head because she was provoking Lily and yelling at her. I need a little humor.

Christie said...

Oh Cind, I know I should not be laughing myself sick, but wow what they can't think of. I'm sorry, if only you lived closer!!!!! I promise 14 years from now when they are 16 and have an attitude, you will wish they were still doing "little" jobs for you!!! Keep your head above water my dear!!! Love ya

Unknown said...

Thank you for giving me a good laugh. Sorry it was at your expense. :)

Greg and Wendy said...

I'm sorry, honey. I just can't help but laugh! That was such an original and darling way to post a very frustrating day with your little "darlings"! You just gotta love em!

Stacy said...

That was an awesome post. Oh, the beauty of nap time! Thanks for letting me share a little piece of your day. No wonder child proofing the house is so important. Double Trouble! 3 cheers for you and a pat on the back. Have a great weekend!

Lindsay said...

haha oh man that's hard. Not sure I'm looking forward to that- but seriously a really funny post! Cute way of doing it!