Friday, July 3, 2009

Trip to Lava Hot Springs

Monday, DJ took the day off so we could spend the day at Lava Hot springs. My mom was kind enough to watch the babies so we could spend time with just the 4 kids. Lava is definetly no place for babies, especially with a mom & dad who like to ride the slides right along with the kids. We were all anxious to try out the new slides that were just put in this year. You supposedly hit top speed at 38 mph. Yep, that's a wild ride, atleast for my 33 year old body. DJ thought it was great fun as well, but the long lines and 30 min + wait kept us from going again. Morgan & Regan
tried it as well, Morgan thought it was "awesome" and Regan thought it was "freaky."

I think that's Morgan coming down the hardest slide on the right. The picture of Regan on the right pretty much tells the story of what she thought of the wild ride. I thought it was a pretty fun ride but I must be getting old because my stomach went up in my throat at the drop-off point.

Kaleb & Jordyn were happy to play in the pool and took a few rides down the easier slides.

Kaleb always has to find a stick to play with no matter where we are. He was fascinated with this tree and was showing off his big muscles trying to hit it with a stick.



Here are Morgan and DJ coming down the river the second time. Morg's is loving every minute! The picture of DJ and the kids was taken after Morg's and DJ's second ride down the river. The kids all had life jackets on before, in case you are wondering. I think I would've preferred having one on myself because at the end, DJ hopped out and it was up to his chest, so when I got out it was up to my neck, not to mention the water was pretty swift. Next time, I think I'll be a little smarter.

We ended the fun day with a wild ride down the Portneuf River. I must say that it was deeper and more swift than I remember in years past, (no surprise with all the rain we've had) so the kids weren't as fond of it as we thought they would be. Actually, I think they were having a good time until Jordyn and I got dumped on a little waterfall. We must have hit it just right because we made it over and then it sucked us back in and tipped us right over and we both went head first in the river. It took me by surprise but my motherly instince kicked in and I was able to grab Jordyn and the tube fairly quickly before they went sailing down the river. Anyway, we climbed back on the tubes and made it safely down the river. The funniest thing was Kaleb saying over and over again as we were walking back to float again "did we have fun?"like he was trying to decide wether that was actually fun or just plain scary. Morgan was the only one that wanted to go again, so she and DJ took another ride while we ran along side taking pictures.

Here is a little clip of the DJ and Morgan's ride. The second clip I took video of is where Jordyn and I went off. It's the little (and I do mean little) waterfall right against the cement wall. DJ and Morgan were lucky enough to be on the other side. I wonder how many other people went off at this same place. Or maybe I'm just wimpy. Hmmm!

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

Looks like so much fun, next time I want to come!

Greg and Wendy said...

How fun you took videos of the float. That Morgan has no fear! So glad you had such a great time, honey...or are you also saying along with Kaleb "Did we have fun?" That is so funny!