Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fridge Quote!

I haven't been diligent in posting my fridge quote of the week like I had intended to do but I continue to post them on my fridge and have started posting different ones on my bathroom mirror. This week I chose one from the July Ensign article, Fortifying Our Family. I loved this article and this particular quote is needed in my life right now as I'm struggling with patience and kindness while caring for my 6 precious children. I can just be plain grumpy sometimes and I don't like myself when I act this way.

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (April 2007 General Conference)

"We must be so careful in speaking to a child. What we say or don't say, how we say it and when is so very, very important in shaping a child's view of himself or herself. But it is even more important in shaping that child's faith in us and their faith in God. Be constructive in your comments to a child--always."

Beautifully said--I need to follow this counsel better. My Heavenly Father has trusted me to care for these children, and I feel blessed to have each one in my life.

2 comments:

Nigbur Family said...

Love, love, love this quote!

Greg and Wendy said...

Profound and well worth remembering...for grandparents as well!