Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pioneer Day Celebration--Cokeville, WY

This past weekend we went to Cokeville for their 24th Pioneer Day Celebration. We had a packed day of fun that went something like this:
6:00 a.m.- DJ and I ran in a 5K that morning! Yes, I classify this as fun only because I beat DJ by 3 seconds (he he, he) Love you, honey!! I think we ran it in 24:07 and 24:10 and we were both dog tired. The first two miles weren't too bad but the last mile just about killed us off for some reason. Don't know if it was the altitude difference or the fried chicken I ate the night before. Anyhoo, I was glad to finish and most of all, it was just fun to do something I enjoy with my hubby!

10:00 a.m.- Went to the parade! The kids decided they wanted to ride on the primary float with their cousins so they begged me to catch candy for them. My cute niece, Tatum, agreed to be the candy collector and did a much better job than I did. I think her purse was full! I love this parade because they throw TONS of candy while they head down main street and then they turn around and do the whole thing again. My kids thought they were pretty cool getting to ride on the parade float and they loved passing out candy although I think Kaleb ate more than he actually threw.

11:30- Headed to the church for a program where we had the pleasure of listening to L.Tom Perry, and Quinton L. Cook speak to us. You should of seen the crowd of people gathered in the church building for the event!

12:30- Went to Grandma's to eat lunch and put the babies down for much needed naps.

1:00- Spent time out in the barnyard helping kids with 4-wheeler rides and visiting with family.

This is my sister-in-law, Ann, with her Grandson, Kayden! Morgan got hold of my camera and snapped a few photos of the cousins and one random one of she and her cousins feet.


3:00- Loaded everything in the van, left Regan and Morgan behind, and headed for Blackfoot for my 15 year High School Reunion!
All in all, it was a pretty hectic day but I felt lucky to have participated in so many fun activities and being with DJ's family is always a lot of fun!
---------
I guess I should mention a bit about my 15 year Class Reunion! YEP, I am that old! It's so hard to believe all that has transpired in the past 15 years but I couldn't be more grateful for my wonderful husband, my 6 beautiful kids, and my "easy" life that I enjoy. It was interesting to meet up with some of my old classmates and find out what has transpired in their lives the past 15 years. Some haven't changed a bit---still up to their old antics of drinking and living what I view to be the "hard" life. (they really are good people with good hearts, which makes it even more sad to see them making such bad decisions). Other's have made good decisions and as a result, life is pretty good, not w/out trials but they you can just tell they are truly happy. I'm sure this wasn't the most enjoyable night for DJ but he was a trooper and tagged along while I reminisced with everyone. I had to laugh because at one point during dinner, they had a "toasting" session and I was toasted for having the most kids! By the looks on every one's faces, I think they thought we were crazy! Anyway, I really enjoyed the evening and had a lot of fun catching up with a lot of my classmates!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I miss the 24th celebration! What a fun day, every time! I love the fireside, the parade, the candy... :) I need to try to get there again in the next few years.

Oh, and you look sooooo good, there's no way you look like you could be out of high school for 15 years, or with 6 kids... Lucky you!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like your reunion was fun. I felt the same way after mine.

And I missed you in Park Valley!

Oh, and seriously, every time I see a new picture of Kaleb, it surprises me how much he's growing up.