Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Boating with Aunt Ann

We ended music camp week with a fun boating trip with Aunt Ann in Burley! I will be honest, the kids have not been looking forward to this part at all, except for Morgan. A few "tramatic" experiences last year left them a bit gun shy but with much coaxing and a little forcing (okay, ALOT), we got them all on the tube and just as I thought, they all had a great time and all are anxious to go again next year. I've never believed much in forcing your kids to do things but I do make exceptions to that rule, especially since I have a few "chicken livers" that would never try anything if they had their way. Soooo, call me mean, but hey, they survived and found out that it wasn't as bad as what they thought it would be!
All of the kids got to ride with their older cousins which, I'm sure, helped calm them a bit. I got a chance to water ski this year, thankfully no photos were taken of this event but it was nice to be in the water again. This time last year, the babies were a month old and I had a severe case of Mastitis so I spent my time wrapped up in a blanket in 100 degree weather shivering until my teeth chattered while the kids boated. My sweet sister, Lori, even came over and sat with the babies so I could sleep a bit. I will never forget that day!
This was the best place to be, good food, good conversation, & shade!
I got sick of chasing the babies so I decided to cage them for a while. I bet you can guess how thrilled they were about this idea. Actually, Regan entertained them with pick-a-boo for quite a while which helped tremendously. Kamryn's favorite spot was right under the snack table, she and Porter almost tipped it over a few times which I'm sure was what they had in mind. Who can resist starbursts and Keebler cookies? Anyway, thanks, Ann, for a fun filled day!

1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Aren't you grateful you are where you are in life and the first and hardest year (in many ways) is over. Porter and Kami are so much fun now! That helps counterbalance the SO MUCH WORK aspect of things. Right? I had forgotten the battle with mastitis, you poor thing!