Sunday, January 4, 2009

A VERY close call!

I get sick to my stomach every time I think of our close call with Porter yesterday. The girls had the neighbor girls over to play and Morgan's little friend asked to hold Porter so I let her; I had Kamryn in my arms and made the mistake of walking out of the room for just a second to grab her binky. After only being gone for a minute, I came out in to the hallway just in time to see Porter sitting up on the bar by himself with his little feet dangling over the edge of the counter. (yes, you read that right, my 6 month old sitting on the edge of the bar)! I guess my crazy motherly instincts kicked in because I started running toward him and yelling, "OH MY HECK, GRAB PORTER QUICK!!!" I am such a dummy because I could have scared him in to falling off the bar with all my yelling but thankfully I got to him first. I felt so bad that I had hollered and I probably scared the living tar out of the little gal but luckily she didn't cry. I tried to recover from my mini heart attack and explain to her that you never leave babies up on counters, etc. and that I wasn't mad at her but that it just scared me to death. Anyway, everytime I think of what could've happened, it gives me the chills. I am so thankful that Porter is fine and I'm hoping that I didn't scar the neighbor girl.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

YIKES!!! I'm always freaking out like that and then wishing I hadn't because it probably caused more problems than if I'd just stayed calm. I'm getting a little better, but I still freak out a lot.

I'm so glad you got to him before anything disastrous happened!

Jaedon Flora said...

WOW - SCARY. I am so glad everything turned out PERFECT. I miss you.

Greg and Wendy said...

My heart is in my throat just contemplating what could have happened to our sweet little Porter! Apparently those constant and fervent prayers that are offered in behalf of our grandchildren really are answered in very tangible ways! :) Mom and I are so grateful that all is okay.

Love,
Dad

Lori Wilson said...

YIKES -- my heart is pounding just thinking about it. Hopefully the neighbor girl is scared into remembering that little lesson. Sometimes a little scarring isn't a bad thing.