Monday, January 5, 2009

Bummer!

I've been a bit bummed today because DJ started back to work today after a 2 week break. He did work Saturday but aside from that we've been together! He's still been really busy with his Bishop responsibilities but it's been so nice to have him at home a lot of the time and have some extra hands to help with kids and even more, just to have him around! He's been the Bishop of our ward for over 6 months now and though it has been a real blessing to our family, it hasn't come without hard times. I miss sitting with him at church, being together on Sunday afternoon and just generally miss him so it's been so great for the kids and I to have some time with him. He took the kids sledding one day, we all went to Leo's Place another day, and he went on a daddy daughter outing with Regan that she planned for one of her Faith in God requirements.....she was pretty excited about that. The kids love having him here in the evening and were thrilled that he would actually be home early in the afternoon Sunday because of the 9:00 church. (another reason why I love 9:00 church now) Anyway, I'm afraid we won't see much of him for the next few months because he's now teaching a few classes on top of his usual work responsibilities in hopes to obtain another position within his department so he is swamped and mentioned that he thinks he bit off more than he can chew. I believe in him though and know that somehow things will get done. Heavenly Father must know that our family can handle this; I just need to have more Faith, patience, gratitude, etc. I'm grateful for the blessings that are mine....a faithful & devoted husband, 6 beautiful kids, my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and much much more. Life is good!!!
I mentioned my 6 beautiful kids so I thought I would share a few thoughts about each one because they are each so different but all great kids.
Regan: thoughtful, smart, patient, loving, emotional, timid, desires to do right, silly, affectionate, sweet & beautiful
Morgan: sweet, smart, kind, giving, silly, shy, laid back, talented, wants to choose the right, beautiful & goofy
Jordyn: Confident, sweet, loves to give hugs, smart, fun, talkative, dramatic, silly, loud, loving, good help
Kaleb: handsome, loves to be with his sisters, great big brother to the babies, affectionate, smart, sweet, loud, expressive & silly
Kamryn: cute as a button, sweet, mover, good eater, smiley, giggly
Porter: snuggly, sweet, chubby, laid back, stinking cute, smiley, great eater

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

I appreciate your faith and non-complaining attitude and yet a very honest evaluation of things as they are. It is refreshing and faith-building. I love being there with the kids...each truly is unique and precious! You are both wonderful parents giving quality time to your children. It isn't ever easy doing the QUANTITY time, but just know that Dad and I can already see the fruits of your labors and we and Heavenly Father are "well pleased".
Have a good day!
Love, Mom

Lori Wilson said...

DJ will be amazing as a teacher. What a wonderful opportunity. I know you'll get through this busy time together. Strong families are only made stronger when put to the test. You're building family "muscle" -- and you never know when you'll need a big healthy dose of that in the future!! I love you so much, you're an inspiration to me each and every day.