Monday, December 1, 2008

Ouch!

I really haven't been in the mood to blog lately because I've got a stinking toothache that is consuming my every thought! I need to get a root canal done but would really like to hold off until the first of the year for insurance purposes. I have honestly never had a toothache in my life but now that I do, man, I understand when people say it hurts like CRAZY! I'm having a really hard time being nice to my kids and keep blaming my impatience on the sore tooth, should I feel guilty???? I guess I do, but it's nice to have an excuse, right?? Anyway, I've got an appointment to get it taken care of but until then, I'm in a little bit of a fog. Thanks, Stanton, for the antibiotic, you are my hero! Oh, and thanks, ibuprofen, I LOVE YOU!!

All right, enough about the sore tooth. Grandma and Grandpa Rose came to visit this evening to bring Kaleb his B-Day present early since Gpa- Rose can't come to his party on Thursday. Kaleb was pretty excited when he opened up his very own cowboy boots....just like Grandpa's. Every time Grandpa would visit, Kaleb would run to the garage for his "moon boots" (otherwise known as his Napoleon Dynamite boots) so you can imagine his excitement as he opened up his present. He must have told G&G thank you 20 times in the course of an hour and I'm equally as excited because it means 1 less person's shoes to tie.
First thing this morning, he flew out of bed and put on his boots and they haven't come off since. We had to run the babies to the Dr. this morning and it was heaven not having to fight him to find his shoes, put them on, tie them, SOOOOOOO nice. Thanks mom and dad. I get a good chuckle everytime I look at Grandpa and Kaleb standing there with their pants tucked in their boots. Just for the record, my dad really doesn't wear his boots like that but I just couldn't resist.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Kaleb totally looks like DJ in that middle picture! He's so cute.

Greg and Wendy said...

Never was there a more appreciated gift by a three-year-old! Our hearts are warm! Love that little boy! So glad he loves them and that it makes your life a little easier.

Greg and Wendy said...

Sorry your tooth is so painful! It's got to be pretty hard to be the sweet mommy with that tooth! I remember Dad taking me to the dentist once for a bad, bad toothache and literally crying part of the way there because I hurt sooooo bad! They really can make you absolutely miserable!