Friday, December 19, 2008

Morgan's bad day

Monday afternoon I got a call from one of my friends that works at the school. She told me she had a sad and funny story to share with me about Morgan. She proceeded to tell me that Morgan was out at recess and had brought this little Cabella's tool to school with a little flashlight on it to show to her friend. Well, the duty aid saw her playing with it and took it away and told her she would have to go talk to the principal. I'm sure you can imagine how devistated Morgan was, according to my friend, she was sobbing for the longest time. The principal is the absolute nicest guy and explained to Morgan that he knew that she had not brought the tool for any other reason than to show the flashlight to her friends, but also explained that some kids bring tools like that to hurt people. To be honest, I'm not even sure if the thing has a knife on it but it has little pliers and a flashlight. Anyway, she had discovered it in the drawer a week or so ago and I've just been letting her play with it....I didn't even think about her taking it to school. Anyway, when she got home from school she informed me that she'd had a rotten day and then didn't really want to talk about the specifics but broke out in to tears a time or two that evening. She was devastated that she actually had to go to the principals office. I felt like crying for her but also have to admit that I chuckled a time or two thinking about the whole situation. I'm sure she'd be ticked if she knew I was writing about this but someday she'll look back and laugh at it, right??? While on the subject of Morgan, I need to share a few of my thoughts about her. She is such a great kid, I always tell her she was my easiest baby, always happy and a darn good sleeper. She continues to be a good sleeper and requires a lot of it. Below are a few of my favorite things about Morgan:
Silly, shy, smart, deep thinker, teaser, thoughtful, kind, great pianist (she's been taking since April and her teacher is amazed at how good she is already, great reader (started reading at age 4, not anything her parents pushed her to do), loves the scripture stories, a good friend, great help with babies, beautiful, likes to learn new things, likes to be hugged (on her terms), great basketball & soccer player, easy going (sometimes drives her mom & dad crazy w/ her "easy going" attitude), tenderhearted, honest, great student (loves being challenged), hates to be wrong which makes her mom nuts some days, doesn't like loves and kisses unless she's the one that starts it, gets embarrassed really easy! The list could go on! I love you, Morgan!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That's really cute, Cindy. I think it's funny that the aide freaked out so much. I guess they have to be that way these days, though, don't they.

I just love Morgan.

Nigbur Family said...

Poor thing!

Greg and Wendy said...

It's a sad world we're livin'in! Poor Morgan!

janna said...

Mr Miller is the best. Poor Morgan.

Jenelle said...

Hi! I'm so glad I found you blog, you have such a beautiful family and now I am so excited that I get to kind of "get to know" them through the power of the internet. I think about you guys a lot and so glad that we had a few months together to find friends in you both. By the way, happy anniversary last Sunday, 13 years and going strong!! Email me so I can send you an invite to our blog! jenellelacy@yahoo.com