Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cookin' with kids!

Gotta say that I don't love cooking with my kids BUT I know that's the only way they will learn and they have such a fun time making a mess. I HATE messes, especially kitchen messes!!! I really think I have a little OCD but the fact that I invited Kaleb & Jordyn to make Christmas sugar cookies with me this morning knowing full well that flour would be from one end of the room to another gives me a little bit of hope. The babies have both been asleep since 10:00 (yes, 2 1/2 hours) at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"m GIDDY with excitement. Anyway, Jordyn begged to pull out the Easy Bake Oven and boy did she have a great time. The cookies turned out pretty good and now for the really big mess, frosting and candy toppings. I'm waiting for Regan and Morgan to come home to help with that part and then they'll do the delivering to the neighbors.
I think we'll make a batch of caramel (Regan's request) and white chocolate covered pretzels (Morgan's request) and then spudnuts next week (DJ's request) he is off of work all next week and volunteered to be the spudnut maker. I do love the holidays!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

There is nothing I hate more than making sugar cookies. The flour, the rolling, the cutting, the frosting...AUGH! I love to have them, and the kids love decorating them, but seriously, what is worse?

Jocelyn said...

You are my inspiration. The kind that I admire but don't emulate.

Are you hiring Regan and Morgan for the clean up, too?

Greg and Wendy said...

I remember these days! Hated the mess but loved the happy smiles! The mess is something else, however! What cute pictures.