Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy 80th Dad Teichert

DJ's dad turned 80 years old on November 2nd so the family all got together last Saturday for a late Birthday, put together by mom Teichert. It's been a long time since we've all been together since it's nearly impossible to get 9 children and their families together. We were still missing a few people but the vast majority attended. I love DJ's family and feel so blessed to have married in to such a wonderful heritage. His parents are such great examples and have been so good to DJ and I. I can't believe that dad is 80....he looks and acts a lot younger, though mom might argue that because of his hearing loss (which I like to call "selective hearing") and the occasional memory loss (which I also like to refer to as "selective remembering") I have that too. Actually, dad amazes me, it seems that no matter where we go, he meets up with some long lost friend and has an amazing story to go along with it. I have always appreciated DJ's mom and dad's willingness to help us. We've had several occasions when we've needed a babysitter at the spur of the moment and they've dropped everything to drive up and be with our kids. Most recently with my pregnancy and birth of our twins. I was on bedrest for almost 6 weeks and they spent a lot of time taking care of our children, cleaning, cooking, shopping, etc.....all with a great attitude. Anyway, it sure was fun to get together with DJ's siblings, we have a lot of fun together and it's fun to see how our families have grown and changed over the years.

Love, love, love these pictures of the brothers + Val (Ann's husband, far right).
All the grandsons in attendance, DJ's sister, Patty, Mom & Dad T. & all the kids
Dad Teichert, Tim holding Porter, Dad T. again and Mom Teichert holding Porter
Ashlee holding Kamryn, Katelyn, & Shawna, Brookanna holding Kamryn, Morgan, Tanna & Jordyn performing at the microphone
Jed & Jordyn, Hailey w/ Kamryn, Dustin & Jordyn
Kaleb trying to snatch the microphone, all the granddaughters in attendance, Regan, Leonna, & Janae helping Grandma in the kitchen

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Sounds like a wonderful party...one that made John smile from ear to ear, I would imagine! What a wonderful he and Dorothy have raised! (We are quite partial to the youngest son, however!)
Love you!
Mom

janna said...

I thought I posted on this??

It looks like you had a fun family reunion and a wonderful birthday party for DJ's dad.