Sunday, December 7, 2008

What a party!


Our ward had an Adult Christmas party (Hawaiian theme) last night! It was great other than we showed up 15 minutes late with some of our neighbors that are not active. I'm such a dingaling, I could have sworn the invite said 6:30; not a very good example to have the Bishop late to an activity. Oh well, DJ and I are still hoping we can blame our "blond moments" on lack of sleep. Anyway, it's always fun being around our great ward members and might I add, the food and entertainment were great. A Polynesian group from BYU- I come to perform and they were really impressive, a little wild, but impressive. DJ, along with a few other men in the ward were "invited" to do a little Hawaiian dance up on the stage and were decked out in grass skirts, and coconut bras, (no, not a typo) They were taught a few tricks moving their hips and then performed a little number. I thought I would die laughing and was surprised at how compliant the men were to showing off their stuff! These pictures are keepers, I love DJ's facial expressions, love that guy!

Mom and dad agreed to watch all 6 kids....CRAZY! Aren't they amazing??? I dropped the kids off in Blackfoot late in the afternoon and then headed back up for the party. Mom and dad played with the kids for a while and then headed off to their ward party. They reported that all went well and the kids had a ball spending time with G& G Rose. Kaleb didn't even want to come home, apparently he wanted to go back to Grandma's house. Wow, do I feel loved?? Thanks again mom and dad for allowing DJ and I a night out together. LOVE YOU TONS!

No comments: