Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cheap entertainment!

Jordyn is my little talker and always has something to say. Most of the time I get a kick out of her, (most of the time). I've been meaning to record a few of my favorites.

* On Kaleb's B-Day she was up early and very excited for the celebration. She came up for breakfast all dressed with a few pieces of jewelry to go with the outfit and a brush in hand ready to get her hair done. She climbed up to the table and said, "mom, I'm getting all fancy to day for Kaleb's big day!"

* DJ and I were hugging in the kitchen and she looked at us and said, "I hate that, in love, stuff."

* After going to get a haircut, "mom, how do you like my new short sleeve hairdo?"

* While making Kaleb's B-Day card she told him, "buddy, this is the best I can can do so you're just going to have to be thankful for it"

* While looking at a wedding reception invite on the fridge, "mom, I'm going to marry a good man, I'll ask him if he goes to church every week and if he went on a mission, and if he says yes, we will get married."

* I was being sarcastic with her because she was being a little pill and she looks at me and rolls her eyes, "mom, don't be a drama queen." Yes, I wanted to spank her bottom but instead I just laughed.

* While talking to Grandma Rose on the phone today, she told her that I said it isn't good to sit in front of the T.V. all day and she said to grandma, "so what's the point?"

* Last week she got one of her Books of Mormon and took it over to our neighbors across the street and asked them to give it to their granddaughter, Abby. She told them to tell her to read it and then hopefully Abby could come to church with her sometime soon. Wouldn't it be nice to be that brave!!

Evidently, Kaleb spends a little too much time with Jordyn and is picking up on her talking skills. The other day he was in the bathroom with DJ getting his hair cut and he looked at DJ's legs and said, "dad, look at your legs, you really need to shave."

4 comments:

janna said...

Funny! & I love the last one!

Nigbur Family said...

Oh she is cute! The kid has her priorities straight! Knowing the kind of man she wants to marry and the Book of Mormon thing is soooo sweet! I need to make sure her and Ky stay friends so she can be a good influence!

Greg and Wendy said...

That girl is pure entertainment and such a "thinker" for her age! Oh, let's add to the list her telling me that maybe Santa Claus makes spoiled children! I loved that one especially when followed by "Christmas is really about Jesus's birth!" What a girl! We love her so much!

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh that we could and would be that courageous about sharing the Book of Mormon! What a great girl!

And, I seem to remember a little girl named Cindy who used to tell her mom and dad "That's gross!" when you'd catch us hugging or kissing! Funny how your perspective on PDA changes as you get older!