Thursday, November 20, 2008

Things I'm thankful for today!

I had a doozy of a day with my kids on Monday and just wanted to ring their little necks so since then, I'm trying to repent and be more grateful for them as well as many other things because I do have MUCH to be grateful for...


* a kind husband who is willing to watch our 6 kids last night so I could go to Enrichment (Ladies Night out at a restaurant.) By the way, it's so much fun, you really ought to do it!


* a wonderful husband who was willing to watch our 6 kids again tonight so I could attend ward temple night. He went last month w/ the ward so he wanted me to have a turn. I never knew how badly I needed a break at night from "mom duty."


* DJ's employment at the college, and my being able to stay home with our children. Watching some of our best friends and ward members struggle with employment issues has given us a chance to step back and realize just how lucky we are to have a job.


* Disposable diapers, (yes, random, and out of place) but today I changed 4 diapers on Kamryn in 5 minutes so as to avoid some serious diaper rash. Poor little gal, she just really struggles with tummy problems.


* A fight between Morgan and Jordyn that ended in 3 minutes without me even stepping in to break it up.


*Gorgeous Fall weather!

* An occasional night home with the kids plus DJ and no phone calls. I had no idea how much the phone would ring with DJ being Bishop.

* Generous, kind, helpful, selfless, patient, loving, ward members who continue to help me each week with babies. What would I do without them?


* Kaleb is back to going poopy on the toilet, he regressed a bit in that area for the last week and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. But, he is back on track once again!


* Babies napping at the same time for 2 hours straight which allowed me uninterrupted time to help the girls with homework.


* Good kids who are really TRYING to make good choices.


* ear plugs- to dull the noise of fighting children. Kaleb started doing the most obnoxious mad yell/growl thing, it just about sends me through the roof.


* An extremly sensitive 10 year old who knows when her mother is at her breaking point. She's always willing to step in a lend a hand.


* A phone visit w/ my sister. We are in the same phase of life right now so it's fun to compare stories of our days with kids.


* A sweet ward member that just happened to be grocery shopping at the same time helped me get my 4 kids and 2 carts out to my van!

* the internet to find answers to confusing 5th grade math questions. I'm embarrassed to admit that I sometimes have a hard time helping Regan with her homework. YIKES!

* A new vacuum- I love seeing the freshly vacuumed carpet, just makes me smile!

* Popcorn chicken at Walmart, it's an extremely cheap way to keep my kids happy while shopping. The key is to only get it every 3rd or 4th trip to the store so as to keep it exciting.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

LOVE THIS! Disposable diapers -- why haven't I listed that? Such a huge blessing.

I love our phone calls, too.

Brooke said...

I love your list, and I have to give it a big AMEN! You handle things so well, I really look up to you for that. BTW, I have to add to that list our local grocer, H-E-B because their grocery carts actually have two places in the front for kids, thus allowing the whole cart for groceries (this is on a good day when I haven't sentenced Savannah to the cart...). Good luck and have a great Thanksgiving!

janna said...

Disposable diapers, I agree but haven't used them in a long time.

It was nice to go to the temple with you last week.

(I posted some pictures of Devin & Desiree as babes on my blog today)

Have a good day!
Janna