Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Great Birthday!

I remember when I was growing up and my mom's Birthday would come around I'd draw her pictures and maybe even wrap a homemade recycled gift and she would act so excited about it, year after year. I never really believed her when she'd say those were the best gifts ever....well, now that I'm a mom, I get what she was saying. My kids went to a great amount of work making cards, coloring pictures, wrapping treasures they found hidden away and I have to say, I totally enjoyed unwrapping their creations. It really meant a lot to me that they would go to such great lengths to make my Birthday fun. I had to snap a picture of some of their creations so you can see what I mean. They even used some of their Halloween candy to create candy cards, (now that's sacrifice if you ask me)

You see the $5.00 bill??? That was from Regan with a note saying, "spend this on something fun that you want and don't give it back." Soooooo sweet and thoughtful, but I did stick it back in her bank for the record, ssshhh! She went through her New Era magazines and ripped out stories that she thought I'd enjoy reading with notes stuck to them. Morgan wrote me the sweetest note thanking me for helping her with an FHE lesson. Sooo cute! I love you guys!!

DJ and I spent the afternoon together on Saturday shopping with the babies while Regan stayed with the other 3 kids. I LOVE that I have a child old enough to babysit...and a responsible one at that. It was pure heaven to spend some time with my husband, it seems like a rarety anymore. He spoiled me rotten. He bought me a couple of pairs of pants and a darn cute belt as well as some much needed items for our home. Monday evening he took us all out to Pizza Hut, YUMMY! You can't even imagine how excited they all were. Kaleb was jumping up and down chanting, "We doin to PIZZA HUT." I was just about as excited because I didn't have to cook. Anyway, Jordyn was thrilled when they brought out the basket of breadsticks, "Mom, you've got to be kidding me, they have breadsticks here?" DJ gave me this look like, "we've got to get out more!"

It really was a great day made even better by lots of phone calls & visits from friends and family. I had way too many goodies and I got a couple of yummy smelling candles. Regan made me breakfast and our former Bishop's wife made me a delicious cheesecake. (my favorite) Apparently she had mentioned to Jordyn something about making me a cake and Jordyn said, "my mom likes cheesecake way better than Birthday cake" leave it to Jordyn to tell it like it is.

5 comments:

The Florida Roses said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!! It's your loser family here wishing you a LATE birthday!

I loved all the cute homemade gifts from the kids...I think we ought to all take lessons from kids and realize that homemade from the heart gifts are really the most valuable! HOW CUTE! We love you and miss you like crazy!
Love ya!
Sara

Greg and Wendy said...

Now a birthday doesn't get any better than that, does it? You are a truly blessed woman!

Natie said...

Happy Late Birthday! Sorry I missed it. I need to do better about tracking birthdays. I want you to know what a wonderful example you are to me. Thanks for sharing your family on your blog. I love you.

Jocelyn said...

Happy birthday! I'm so looking forward to those days of handmade cards and letters.

PS, You should spend the $ Regan gave you and show here what you bought. She would love that. :)

Love you!

Lori Wilson said...

Cutest ever! I love that your kids are so thoughtful and selfless. I hope I can help my kids to be better at that. You're an awesome mom and very deserving of some fun, spoiling, and relaxation. Hope you got a little of each. :)